Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Comparing grilled versus baked chicken cutlets.

manyhats

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 10:24 pm
I would like to experiment making different kinds of chicken cutlets. I don't get why grilling chicken cutlets are so popular. Doesn't it dry out if you don't eat it right away? ( Unless your marinade has lots of oil, but that defeats the purpose of using this healthy cutlet)

So I tried something different. I pan fried cutlets that were dredged in flour - till they had a nice color..
I then put a nice marinade on top and transferred them to the oven. Baked them on a cookie sheet, uncovered, for @ 15 minutes. They tasted quite good, even a few days later.

So, please share your healthy and yummy recipes. Especially ones that get rave reviews Very Happy and that you repeat over and over LOL

TIA

manyhats

Post Sat, May 10 2014, 11:19 pm
Grilled chicken breasts are all the rage right now. And there are many kinds of grills and grill pans on the market that cater to just such a dish.

This is quite a change from the cutlet of yesteryear ..... dredged in breadcrumbs ...... and drowned in oil in the fry pan.

And so .... if you've joined the crowd .... and now make healthier cutlets which way did you choose to go.

#1 Grill

# 2 Saute lightly floured cutlet in oil and finish off cooking in oven - covered with some type of sauce ( chicken marsala , or mushroom sauce. )

Also, Which recipe would be good for Shabbos lunch?
Does grilled chicken dry out?

You might have guessed, that I am in a chicken cutlet stage right now.
TIA for any comments/tips
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey