Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Anyone here work for Catapult?

amother

Post Mon, May 05 2014, 11:57 pm
And can tell me what it's like and how they pay (and what job that is for)? The application is all online and doesn't provide any information about the relative salaries for various positions.

miami85

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 10:26 pm
I've never worked for them, but I have applied with them several times --and I have a friend who works for them, and all I could get from them is that it's very individual and based on a lot of variables. I kept asking to find out if it was a worthwhile step for me, but I have yet to get hired by them.

amother

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 10:29 pm
Going back ten years , I had wanted to work for them as an SLP , however, their starting salary was $16,000 less than in public school! So I chose public school employment.

amother

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 10:36 pm
They were my first job out of college. I had about $1,200/month in my pocket after taxes, for a teaching job. It was great as a young college grad, married but no kids yet. I certainly gave me excellent relevant experience that I was able to use as a stepping stone toward better opportunities.

amother

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 11:21 pm
Amother who got 1200 a month, how many hours of work was that for? Were any benefits offered?

I have an interview scheduled with them and I'm afraid it will be a pointless waste of time and stress for a job that is anyway beneath me. I'm not interested in any stepping stone, I'm trying to get out of one! Not many places are hiring in my area, though, and I'm limited to part time which is even rarer.

groisamomma

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 11:23 pm
It's not a company with lots of potential to make a lot of money.

amother

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 11:30 pm
That much I understand; just wondering if it's "limited potential, but it's a job" or "peanuts only, don't even waste time on interview, will never cover babysitting."

groisamomma

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 11:52 pm
Most people here work part time for catapult very undesirable hours like afternoons. Not likely they'll have mornings because all their workers want those hours. The only ones I've ever known to say it was worth it was the people that work 40 hour weeks which catapult hardly gives out anymore. I would say go for the interview and see what the hours are and what the pay is.

Worse that can happen is you'll waste an hour.

amother

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 11:54 pm
Bah. This is feeling depressing, because nobody else is even offering any part-time opportunities. I guess you're right that I don't have all that much to lose by interviewing (it's a pretty big hassle for me, though, finding the time, putting myself together, going, and I tend to stress about these things and get all nervous... but it's the only way)

groisamomma

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 11:57 pm
amother wrote:
Bah. This is feeling depressing, because nobody else is even offering any part-time opportunities. I guess you're right that I don't have all that much to lose by interviewing (it's a pretty big hassle for me, though, finding the time, putting myself together, going, and I tend to stress about these things and get all nervous... but it's the only way)

Look at it like practice Very Happy

amother

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 12:47 am
That is exactly what I'm doing! LOL However it is pretty costly practice in time and energy. Sigh. Also, even with great practice, other places STILL don't have openings. I could be a stellar interviewer and still have no job! And if I have to spend another year where I am already it will be very frustrating.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics