Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Going to shul on shabbos
Previous  1  2  3  4

greenfire

Post Fri, May 16 2014, 10:21 am
if anybody is looking for me on sunday - I'll be in church singing 'ava maria' & I'll probably get more respect there than here ~ sadly so

PinkFridge

Post Fri, May 16 2014, 10:55 am
greenfire wrote:
if anybody is looking for me on sunday - I'll be in church singing 'ava maria' & I'll probably get more respect there than here ~ sadly so

Hug I know it's been a long week for you.
I salute your getting us to think about this, and inspire and model for our kids. But for many of us, hey, maybe we've drunk the Koolaid that it's not all about the formal tefilla that we don't get to participate in, but our avoda shebalev, wherever it is ;-)

oliveoil

Post Fri, May 16 2014, 11:45 am
This thread is ridiculous. There is no mitzvah at all for women to be in shul; the mitzvah is to daven. Why do you care who is davening and where?

chatouli

Post Fri, May 16 2014, 12:03 pm
I love davening in shul and when my kids are older I look forward to being able to do so again. Until that time, we do go to shul but never into the sanctuary. One day Smile and I would never judge anyone who doesn't enjoy going. I agree with elisabeth above that as long as the mother's attitude toward Shabbat is joyful, the children will be inspired.

greenhelm

Post Fri, May 16 2014, 12:05 pm
greenfire wrote:

Was this necessary?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics