Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Rahhh - mice - need exterminator

amother

Post Fri, May 09 2014, 7:11 am
Need a recommendation for a good exterminator for mice, I'm located in boro park. Thanks. Traps aren't doing the trick. Sigh.

amother

Post Fri, May 09 2014, 8:30 am
I read once from an exterminator to put around boxes of D-con mice poisoning the places where you see the droppings they eat it go away and die a few days later. Where I work there is a catering kitchen on my floor the exterminator came more than once put his stuff around and for months they still kept coming. I put the D-con and after about 2weeks they're gone-but I still keep the boxes around. The same thing was in my house a few years ago. Don't want to take away the business from exterminator but I remember years ago also when I lived in Brooklyn the building was infested and thr exterminator kept coming with no results. They said they'll close up the holes-mice have no bones they fit into the tiniest slits.

amother

Post Fri, May 09 2014, 8:32 am
The same goes for roaches no need to call an exterminator just buy Boric Acid powder or roach powder works wonders

tigerwife

Post Fri, May 09 2014, 8:34 am
amother wrote:
said they'll close up the holes-mice have no bones they fit into the tiniest slits.

Mice have bones, but their skeletons are collapsible, allowing them to squeeze into tiny spaces.

Sorry, off topic, but I often see the above assumption.

OP, good luck! Hopefully it's just a temporary issue due to nearby construction or something.

amother

Post Fri, May 09 2014, 9:46 am
NYC mice are notoriously hard to get rid of. Call Pestco. We tried to deal with a mice infestation ourselves (plastering, sealing, traps, poison, etc). After 6 months, we gave up and called the exterminators. After 2 weeks they were all gone, BH.

greenfire

Post Fri, May 09 2014, 10:46 am
get a cat ~ meow (^_^)~~~

the mice sense the smell & they stay away

amother

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 2:42 pm
I've suffered from that plaque for a while. I tried so many things but nothing worked.
Until I called BUDGET exterminator. He had to come back twice withing the first two months(included in price) haven't seen a bug or mouse for a while now! B"H!!!

amother

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 2:50 pm
amother wrote:
The same goes for roaches no need to call an exterminator just buy Boric Acid powder or roach powder works wonders

If you value your house and your sanity
DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU REALLY REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics