Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Soap operas

avi0903

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 8:23 am
Do any of you watch soap operas? I know there are evening soaps (I used to LOVE Knot's Landing and Dynasty), but I don't think there are any good ones on in the evening anymore. I tried Nashville and didn't love it. I did watch Revenge the first season, which as amazing. However, the subsequent seasons were too convoluted for me. I didn't even watch it this year. I love the Good Wife, I don't know if it qualifies as a soap. I love Parenthood.

But I'm really talking about daytime soaps. As a teen I loved Y&R and GH. Then stopped watching them forever. Then got into ATWT and GL, which of course are no longer with us. Then got into OLTL which again, no longer with us.

Now, in the past year, I started DVRing Y&R and GH again (as the others are gone, and I don't have any nighttime soaps to watch).

I really love the daytime soaps. They aren't so involving that I need to focus on them, so they can be on in the background while I crochet, talk on the phone, wind down from the day. And you really get to love the characters. Victor has been on Y&R since I was a teenager! The same with GH. They still have Luke, still talk about Laura. There's something about the daytime genre that just doesn't exist in other entertainment.

Any of you watch daytime? Or have nighttime soaps to recommend?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics