Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Recipes needed!

iamamother

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 12:01 am
I don't really make milichigs too often... I only have one oven which is fleishigs, I know I could kasher it but im only making one milichig meal so I dont really want to bother with the whole kashering thing... anyone have any good recipes for parve/milichigs dishes that could be made on the stove?

sbs

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 9:03 am
I also don't have a milchige oven, but I have a small toaster oven, so some stuff I make I use that but mostly stove top

mini blintz pies - basically a pancake with a cheese mixture and fruit on top
pizza bubble ring - in toaster oven
penne ala vodka - stovetop
mini pizzas - toaster oven
salmon - parve oven, or the sweet and sour kind that's made on the stovetop
salad
iced coffee
some kind of cheesecake that doesn't need to be baked

that's my milchig meal menu

allthingsblue

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 11:36 am
Cheese latkes are good fresh (cottage cheese, eggs, some breadcrumbs, salt and pepper formed into patties)

Any pasta dish

DH and I like the lower calorie spaghetti squash, with semi-homemade tomato sauce (Hunts crushed tomatoes with lots of basil, some garlic and a drop of pepper)

Fried fish (tilapia, flounder)

Creamed spinach

Soups

Mashed potatoes (with butter, for milchig meal) unhealthy, but delicious...

Coffee Addict

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 11:51 am
Allthingsblue, butter is very healthy todays day!!! Most ppl r aware already abt healthy fats

allthingsblue

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 1:12 pm
libiby wrote:
Allthingsblue, butter is very healthy todays day!!! Most ppl r aware already abt healthy fats

I should have used the word "fattening."
Mashed potatoes in general are not great, because they are without the fiber provided by the skin, so it's just packing on the calories... and butter has a lot of calories too... But once in a while, it's ok. Everything in moderation, right?

penguin

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 1:16 pm
You can do mostly pareve sides warmed up in your (hopefully clean) fleishig oven. Though if you've spilled meat or chicken gravy while warming the previous meal, you might need to keep e/t covered, so AYLOR.

Some things (milchig lokshen kugel) could be fine heated double-wrapped, again AYLOR.

I like cold salmon for our milchig meal, homemade blintzes fried on stovetop for a first course.

Also you can serve potato knishes with sour cream (what's a few more calories? Or use mostly yogurt w a little sour cream)

mamitaly

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 1:51 pm
Folded omelette with mushroom/zucchini/spinach filling, if you whisk the eggs with some grated cheese it is yummy and fluffy.

"Tagliatelle" or other noodles with fresh cream and mushroom sauce.

"Penne" or other pasta with fresh cream and smoked salmon sauce.

For dessert: chocolate pudding, Creme brule, tiramisù (all can be home made).

Coffee Addict

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 3:26 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
I should have used the word "fattening."
Mashed potatoes in general are not great, because they are without the fiber provided by the skin, so it's just packing on the calories... and butter has a lot of calories too... But once in a while, it's ok. Everything in moderation, right?

Right.... I agree with the potatoes... Its just carbs.... I meant the butter. Its healthy calories!! It is really healthy when u could use some extra calories Very Happy

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 4:57 pm
Some more ideas here
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....43989

sleepwalking

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 7:43 am
mamitaly wrote:
Folded omelette with mushroom/zucchini/spinach filling, if you whisk the eggs with some grated cheese it is yummy and fluffy.

"Tagliatelle" or other noodles with fresh cream and mushroom sauce.

"Penne" or other pasta with fresh cream and smoked salmon sauce.

For dessert: chocolate pudding, Creme brule, tiramisù (all can be home made).

Can I please have recipes for that?

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 4:21 pm
Cauliflowers & cheese. Cook cauliflower florettes till al dente. Make roux with butter, flour, milk, melt in chopped/shredded cheese. Coat well.

If you can get it easily, you can grill halloumi cheese slices. Serve with crumbled mint and salad.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals