Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Where to buy new bedding set for master bedroom

florida1

Post Tue, May 20 2014, 12:43 pm
Looking to buy new bedding set for the master bedroom. macys is super expensive.
I don't live ny new york so needs to be online . any ideas?

rachel6543

Post Tue, May 20 2014, 12:49 pm
Is there a Bed, Bath and Beyond by where you live? My comforters are from there (wedding gift) and they are still in excellent condition after 7+ yrs old. BBB has 20% coupons they send me in the mail all the time (you can use expired coupons in store). They have a great return policy. You can order online too. You could prob sign up for a 20% coupon online if you join their mailing list.

florida1

Post Tue, May 20 2014, 2:22 pm
yes there is a bed bed beyond . I just thought they are really expensive also . will check it out. any other ideas?

teddyb

Post Tue, May 20 2014, 2:24 pm
we bought from target. bed bath and beyond is a bit more $ but not crazy. also check out the home goods sections in stores like marshalls, burlington, tj maxx.

penguin

Post Tue, May 20 2014, 2:26 pm
Do you want comforters to show or inside duvet covers?

Lands End has some nice sets, often on sale.
Overstock, although from what I have read their prices may be inflated.

Look for sales on Kohls, Sears, JC Penney

You can also get beautiful new things on Ebay, look around.

One caveat. I've gotten beautiful duvet covers & pillow shams, but then getting sheets to match online is nearly impossible because you can't trust the colors.

So unless you're a good returner (I am not!), OR don't care so much about the match, OR the matching sheets are sold as coordinating, you're in a pickle.

I ended up running around to TJ Maxx etc & finally got some in Walmart & some in Target.

Also, I did NOT want a sheet set, only fitted sheets & pillowcases, & those are also harder to find.

Scrabble123

Post Tue, May 20 2014, 2:27 pm
What I'm about to type may appear strange, but my friend bought such a beautiful set at Ikea. It's not Egyptian cotton, but it's beautiful (it's a duvet).

librarygirl

Post Tue, May 20 2014, 4:02 pm
Agree with the above poster. After seeing friends and relatives linen from ikea, I went ahead and bought a set. Its super cheap, looks nice and feels good. Shipping was hefty, but if there is a store near you, you can just go in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains