Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bais Yaakov of Spring Valley

amother

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 2:45 pm
Hello. Does anyone have information on this school? My friend is thinking of sending her second grader there. I'm wondering what type of a crowd they have. I heard it is mixed chassidish, heimish, and yeshivish. What types are the chassidishe people (where would they send to if not for this school?) do they teach in Yiddish? What chedarim do the brothers go to? How are the academics? Etc etc

Also if anyone has their phone number, that would be great! TIA

amother

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 3:15 pm
I moved out of Monsey 15 years ago, but as far as I know, Bais Yaakov of spring valley is a high school, so her second grader can't go there.
There is an elementary school called Bais Yaakov Chofetz Chaim of Pamona. (Better known as Chofetz Chaim ). The other two elementary schools for girls are bas mikroh and yeshiva spring valley. (There may be more newer ones , but these were the three when I lived there) Oh, there is also Bais Rochel which is a bit more chaddidish.

aka

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 3:32 pm
Bais yaakov of spring valley is a high school, so please clarify what school

iamamother

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 3:39 pm
I heard there was a newer elementary school called baid yaakov- I think its the girls version of the monsey chedder (also relatively new) I dont really know anything about the school other than the young more yeshivish ppl send there. like couples that r in kollel or just started working but still on the "yeshivish" side- wtvr yeshivish means- its all relative!

amother

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 3:54 pm
Bias aakov of spring valley is a high school also known as bias aakov of money or just bais y aakov. There is a ne w school (very yeshivish) called bais yaakov of Rockland county I believe.

amother

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 8:09 pm
No there is a new elementary school until 3rd grade called Bais Yaakov of Spring Valley. It's very similar to Bais Rochel supposedly: heimish, Yiddish speaking, mix of families, etc. I want to hear from the amothers if that's indeed the case since my friend asked me to get info on it.

amother

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 8:10 pm
iamamother wrote:
I heard there was a newer elementary school called baid yaakov- I think its the girls version of the monsey chedder (also relatively new) I dont really know anything about the school other than the young more yeshivish ppl send there. like couples that r in kollel or just started working but still on the "yeshivish" side- wtvr yeshivish means- its all relative!

So it's yeshivish, not heimish? I spoke to a woman whose boys are in Bobov and she said she would send her little girls there. Is it Yiddish speaking?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics