Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
IKEA

Willow43

Post Thu, May 22 2014, 12:35 pm
Anyone know Ikeas return policy? Can I return something there without a receipt for exchange/store credit?

21young

Post Thu, May 22 2014, 2:05 pm
If you call them (maybe they do this in-store also, I'm not sure) they can email you the receipt and you can use it to do the return.

Scrabble123

Post Thu, May 22 2014, 2:33 pm
You are 99.999% able to. The thing is that if may have gone on sale since when you purchased it. You will only be refunded the current price, not the price you paid. Also, printing out a credit card transaction history showing the purchase is a good idea (if that is an option). I once actually returned something without a receipt to Marshalls (I never got a receipt) 48 hours after purchasing it, and the manager printed me out the receipt (but I doubt you can expect that).

Do it have a tag to scan anymore on it? How long ago did you purchase it?

Call before. Remember to write down the names of all of the people that you speak to for reference in the store.

Willow43

Post Thu, May 22 2014, 3:23 pm
It was a gift- linen- and I see others online I like better. I would love to exchange but I dont want to have to ask the person who gave it to me for their receipt or credit card because I dont want them to know im exchanging....

Scrabble123

Post Thu, May 22 2014, 3:44 pm
Willow43 wrote:
It was a gift- linen- and I see others online I like better. I would love to exchange but I dont want to have to ask the person who gave it to me for their receipt or credit card because I dont want them to know im exchanging....

If you're just exchanging for another item I highly doubt you need a receipt. Call and ask (but I'm sure it will work out).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics