Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Best Parve Cheesecake recipe?

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 3:03 am
I'm looking to send a parve cheesecake to a friend of mine who is allergic to cheese. I've found a few recipes over the years but I'm never sure which really tastes YUMMMY

I'd love to hear if you have ones that you've tried.

agreer

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 3:47 am
No such thing. Make a yummy chocolate cake.

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 4:51 am
We ate some parve cheesecake last yr at a simcha and it was delish. Can't remember whose simcha or I wldnt have the problem...
There are really good ones

DrMom

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 5:33 am
I can't think of any recipe that would produce something with a favorable taste-to-calorie ratio.

(Maybe I'm just biased because I know what real cheesecake tastes like. Perhaps if I were like your friend and allergic to cheese and didn't know any better, I'd think those soy substitutes were molre palatable.)

PinkFridge

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 10:53 am
One of the KBDs has a chocolate fudge cheesecake. Use Tofutti. I hear the naysayers but trust me, it's marvelous. I haven't tried enough to say it's the best, but it's a definite keeper.

chani8

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 11:17 am
You need a crust - either graham cracker or here in Israel, petite bear biscuits.
The filling is pareve whip with pareve pudding, whichever flavor you prefer. You may need a little soy milk to thin it out.
Top with a sprinkling of crushed cookies.

It's really too sweet for us, so we may just use a can of non-dairy whipped cream for the filling this year, skipping the pudding.

sky

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 12:36 pm
Joy of Kosher magazine had a recipe where the cheesecake is made from soaked cashews. Sounded interesting but I didn't try it.
Something like this (this is not the same recipe, but it is the same idea, I also never tried it. )

http://minimalistbaker.com/7-I.....akes/

OOTBubby

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 5:18 pm
The Best Pareve Cheesecake

Preheat oven to 350.

Crust:
1½ cups cookie or graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup melted margarine
3 tbsp. sugar

Combine above ingredients and press into the bottom of a spring form pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 350.

Filling:
2 pkg. Tofutti cream cheese
1 container Tofutti sour cream
4 eggs, separated
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
¼ tsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. flour

Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Set aside. Combine all the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat until combined, (do not over beat the pareve cream cheese, it tends to become too liquidy). Fold egg whites into cheese mixture. Pour on top of crust.

Note: For even baking and so the top does not crack, it is best to bake in a pan of hot water. Wrap the bottom of the cake pan with foil and then put in the pan of water.

Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Cool completely. Remove from pan.

Chocolate ganache (optional):
1 carton Rich’s whip
1 pkg. chocolate chips

Combine Rich’s whip and chocolate chips in a pan. Cook over medium/low heat until chips are melted, stirring occasionally. Place cheesecake on a rack, with a pan underneath. Pour over cheesecake, smoothing the sides.

rachel6543

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 6:16 pm
I haven't tried this recipe, but I have tried other recipes on this site and they are good

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.c.....cake/

shaini

Post Sat, May 24 2014, 8:29 am
if you can buy the Tofutti brand cream cheese or sour cream you can adapt any recipe to make it Pareve.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals