Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Cookies,cake,muffins - no oil , no sugar

e1234

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 1:27 am
I need recipes

dh loves noshing and cakes but he is trying to stay off of sugar and oil.

what can I make him?
any recipes?

chani8

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 2:59 am
Why is he trying to avoid sugar and dairy? Is this for health reasons? Are you looking for low carb, low calorie?

We make chocolate chip cookies with very little sugar, only the sugar that's in the chocolate chips. We've made them with no oil, only water, and we like them.

1. Put 1 cup of chocolate chips in a bowl.
2. Add 2tsp vanilla.
3. 1 cup of water.
4. 1 tsp baking soda.
5. 2 cups of flour.

Stir and drop spoonfuls onto baking sheet. Bake at 200 for 12 minutes until hard on the outside. The inside will be chewy.

You can substitute 85% chocolate bar which has even less sugar than chocolate chips.

You can substitute with dried cranberries or raisins, and/or chopped nuts, and cinnamon.

e1234

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 4:46 am
for health reasons

and he doesn't want choc chips either - maybe I'll try with nuts

any other ideas

iamamother

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 8:03 am
what abt sugar substitutes like truvia or stevia? I have a granola bar recipe that only has 2 tbsp of oil and I use truvia. I think it might also have honey/agave too. I havent made it in a while...

Simple1

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 9:30 am
Chani8, I'm curious to try your recipe - but do they taste like crackers or cookies?

black sheep

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 9:53 am
no oil at all? and can you use agave?

I sometimes make muffins with agave instead of sugar, and substitute half the oil with unsweetened apple sauce. doesn't work for cookies, but muffins works well. this works well with recipes with carrots or ground nuts, because they have a lot of flavor and texture on their own.

mandksima

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 12:10 pm
If he wants to use a healthy oil (that can help you lose weight) like coconut oil, you have a lot of possibilities. Will he use dried dates for sweetening? I have lots of recipes using those 2 things. Is he avoiding wheat as well? I'm trying to figure out his diet and come up with recipes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins