Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Garbage guilt

greenfire

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 3:50 pm
so I had chicken defrosting to cook - but I was too sick to cook it ... now it's in the garbage - what a crying waste ... makes me feel like someone hungry could have had food ~ if only

anonymom

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 8:49 pm
Where's the hug button?

But seriously, if you're usually careful not to let that happen and you were sick, what can you do? If it happens often then you should feel guilty, or plan better.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 8:52 pm
Next time, you can defrost it in the fridge (although it takes a lot longer), and then you can still re-freeze it afterwards (I think).

PinkFridge

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 9:23 pm
Garbage Guilt would be a fine name for a rock band but I'm not going there; I don't want anyone to get their jollies on your cheshbon. Hug and may this be the biggest and final kapara of the year for you.

Jewishmofm

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 11:30 am
BTDT in bed with the covers up to my chin, kids had PB and pretzels and apples instead, and nobody had that chicken. Glad you are feeling better enough to feel bad about it. . . Smile

amother

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 5:28 pm
I once put a huge roast to defrost in the empty fridge of a relative who was away for an extended trip. By the time I remembered it, several weeks had gone by. I wasn't even going to unwrap the thing to do a sniff test. Straight to the landfill it went. And I didn't even have the excuse of being out of commission. just plain forgot. uuurgh!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen