Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
ISO a Garden Lites zucchini souffle copycat recipe

toberella

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 9:00 pm
I love the Garden Lites frozen zucchini souffles but they are pretty expensive. Has anyone figured out a copycat recipe that can be frozen in individual portions?

spinkles

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 9:26 pm
I make a zucchini kugel for Pesach that is almost the same. Don't have the recipe, though; it's put away. But basically take your favorite SHREDDED potato kugel and just make that (squeeze liquid out of zukes after you shred them) but put in something to thicken it a bit, like potato starch. If you want it like garden lites, use egg whites only for the eggs. Basically it's just zucchini, onion, egg, salt, potato starch, a little oil. Or I make something similar for Pesach but with shredded carrots, zukes, sweet potatoes, onions, and yellow squash--so delicious!

toberella

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 7:28 pm
thanks so much!

YW123

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 8:15 pm
I find the garden lites in target for like $2.75 I think. not more then 3

debsey

Post Fri, May 16 2014, 10:43 am
I dk if it's garden lites style, but here's my lowfat and healthy zucchini kugel - we LOVE it.

First I saute an onion, squash, peppers and muchrooms. (I leave out the mushrooms, actually) Once they are done. I add (off the flame) one egg, some mayo, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and a little Osem chicken soup mix (optional).
I blend with a hand blender though original recipe doesn't call for that.
Mix, bake uncovered at 350 for 1/2 hour.
If u want to get really dietetic, u can put in only an egg white instead of the whole egg. It is really filling, and easy to prepare.

toberella

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 8:16 pm
looks delicious, I cant wait to try these recipes. Target sells them for 3.25 each!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking