Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
How long to bake a brick roast

ttbtbm

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 11:37 pm
I don't make roasts that often. But I splurged on a brick roast for Shavuos. I would like to bake, slice and freeze. How long should I bake it for? It's about 3 pounds.

ttbtbm

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 4:32 pm
Bump

mol

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 5:29 pm
just made a brick roast today. mine was big but I baked it for about 6 hrs on 275. it came out butter soft.

ttbtbm

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 7:05 pm
That sounds great! I once made a roast that way and it was incredibly soft but it came out of the oven right before the meal and did not slice nicely. It was delish for that meal but I couldn't save the prices that were left over they seemed to dry out as it cooled. So if I prepare the roast in advance this way will it be very dry when I defrost and serve it?

mol

Post Fri, May 30 2014, 7:05 am
youre supposed to cool the roast first then put in fridge till cold and then it should slice nicely. put slices in a pan and pour sauce over meat and then rewarm. so u should probably make it early in the day or the day before so u have time to cool it. you can also freeze slices in sauce.

Grandma 1

Post Fri, May 30 2014, 9:35 am
Doesn't it depend on the size of the roast?

Della

Post Fri, May 30 2014, 10:08 am
There's an excellent recipe in the Bais Yaakov cookbook. It requires marinating the meat overnight and then broiling for about 40 minutes on a low rack, turning it every ten minutes. This is for a three pound roast

And yes, always let the meat "rest" after cooking to re absorb the juices, them refrigerate then slice when cold.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics