Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
55 Calorie Cheesecake!

coconutbutter

Post Sun, Jun 01 2014, 6:34 am
http://chocolatecoveredkatie.c.....cake/

Greek Yogurt Cheesecake
(gluten-free)

1 1/2 cups “Greek yogurt” (I made my own, and it was so easy! Recipe is directly below.) (360g)
1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp Mori-Nu silken firm tofu (See “nutrition” link below, for soy-free options and for all substitution notes on this recipe.) (135g)
1/4 tsp plus scant 1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tbsp lemon juice (7g)
5 tablespoons liquid sweetener, such as agave or pure maple syrup (70g) (You can get away with less if your yogurt is sweetened or if you want a very-slightly-sweet cheese pie.)
1 1/2 to 2 nunaturals stevia packets, or 2-3 tablespoons sugar (or another dry sweetener)
2 1/2 tsp cornstarch or arrowroot (11g)
To make homemade Greek yogurt: Place a fine strainer, lined with cheesecloth or coffee filters, over a pot and pour in the contents of a 24oz container of full-fat plain, vanilla, or unsweetened yogurt (I used Wholesoy). Refrigerate overnight, then discard the liquid at the bottom of the pot, and you are left with thick “Greek-style” yogurt!

For the actual Greek yogurt cheesecake: Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender, and blend until completely smooth. (I guess you can do this by hand if you don’t mind a less-smooth texture.) Pour into any prepared crust. (I have a crust recipe linked under the second photo in this post.) Bake 50 minutes, then remove from the oven. It’ll still look very gooey, but that’s okay. Allow to cool for an hour before moving the cake, uncovered, to the refrigerator to set for at least 8 hours, during which time it will magically firm up and become more flavorful. (I haven’t tried this pie with regular tofu, so replace the Mori-Nu with regular at your own risk.) For substitution notes and troubleshooting, see the following nutrition link:

smss

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 1:26 pm
did you try it? how did it turn out?

coconutbutter

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 1:59 pm
Shamefully, no. I intended to but could not find tofu I could use so I'm hoping someone else would benefit from this recipe and let me know how it came out and I'll enjoy it vicariously through you Smile.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking