Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Cheesecake topping ?

mfb

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 2:26 pm
I saw somewhere (don't remember where) a topping for cheese cake made with heavy cream and some sort of chocolate.
if anyone knows something like this or a different good and easy topping for cheese cake in pie crust please help
thanks

starch

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 3:13 pm
A great topping that I have done and tastes great is strawberry pie filling topped with fresh blueberries. The sweet pie filling together with the tart blueberries is delicious!

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 3:22 pm
A gorgeous, super easy topping:

Buy a two-tone chocolate bar, shave it from the sides, giving you gorgeous two-toned chocolate curls. Do this directly on top of the cheesecake until the top is covered.

centurion

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 3:59 pm
mfb wrote:
I saw somewhere (don't remember where) a topping for cheese cake made with heavy cream and some sort of chocolate.
if anyone knows something like this or a different good and easy topping for cheese cake in pie crust please help
thanks

sounds like a basic chocolate ganache, kinda like this: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/c.....ache/

you can do it with white chocolate for a white finish, or add coffee to a white chocolate ganache for a caramel colored finish, or leave it dark brown, also beautiful and dramatic.

mfb

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 4:03 pm
centurion wrote:
sounds like a basic chocolate ganache, kinda like this: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/c.....ache/

you can do it with white chocolate for a white finish, or add coffee to a white chocolate ganache for a caramel colored finish, or leave it dark brown, also beautiful and dramatic.

Thanks this sounds like the recipe I was looking for

pumpernickle

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 6:07 pm
You can create a flower using chocolate leaves. You simply go round and round creating circles. It's show stopping and delicious!

bamba

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 7:21 pm
Also yummy and simple especially for a plain cheesecake is to drizzle dulche de lechi on top. That is what I am about to do to mine!!!
Great taste and a good look too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics