Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Mini pizza failure, help

BoomChickaPop

Post Thu, Jan 12 2012, 10:49 pm
I tried making mini pizza's, they came out yum, used mazor's pizza dough, sauce, and pizza cheese, then I let them cool overnight and froze them. 2 weeks later I put them in a 9x13, they were all separate pieces but I piled them into the 9x13 and put the oven on 250 for them to warm up. Well, they stuck to each other, the cheese ran, definitely not something I can serve which is what I wanted them for. Any advice how not to repeat this problem? How should I be reheating the pizza's? How could they be served at a party flat, of course they need to be piled in a 9x13! Help.

September June

Post Thu, Jan 12 2012, 10:51 pm
I would try freezing them raw and bake it fresh.

de_goldy

Post Thu, Jan 12 2012, 11:43 pm
You baked them stacked on top of each other? or did I misunderstand?

You probably need big cookie sheets to heat them on.

BoomChickaPop

Post Fri, Jan 13 2012, 12:00 am
I think that would be too hard for me, too last minute, but thank you for the suggestion. Maybe I can make it 2 days before and then heat it up on the day of the party. Would that work?

BoomChickaPop

Post Fri, Jan 13 2012, 12:06 am
de_goldy wrote:
You baked them stacked on top of each other? or did I misunderstand?

You probably need big cookie sheets to heat them on.

I baked them 2 weeks ago, they were flat on cookie sheets. They came out great, but I wanted to freeze them and then re-heat 2 weeks later, that's the part that flopped.

What I am trying to do is make mini pizzas 1 week prior to a party, because I have much too much to do the day before and day of the party to be making pizza's, that's not even to mention my tiny oven. Making them the day before or day of is just not an option.

de_goldy

Post Fri, Jan 13 2012, 12:26 am
Heating them up probably doesn't take much longer than baking them in the first place. Why not make them, freeze on cookie sheets, then stick on the oven (on the cookie sheets) to bake the same way you would heat them. If they're stacked there's no way the cheese won't melt and stick them together.

BoomChickaPop

Post Fri, Jan 13 2012, 9:40 am
Thanks for the tips, I am considering making them fresh that day (although I would be very rushed and probably burn 1/2 of them), or the night before, but, even if I bake them that day then I still have to put them in sterno's at the party to heat them up, and they would all be lumped together in a 9x13 when they are served, would I not have the same melting problem again?

mamaleh

Post Fri, Jan 13 2012, 9:49 am
You can also try heating them up (not baking them) layered with parchment paper.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jan 13 2012, 10:18 am
I once made pizza dough and baked it only with the sauce and then froze it. When I went to reheat it, I put the cheese on.

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Jan 13 2012, 3:52 pm
Because of the cheese topping, I really don't think you'll get good results unless you can reheat them in a single layer.

BoomChickaPop

Post Sun, Jan 15 2012, 12:02 am
thanks for all the replies. even if I reheat in a single layer, wouldn't I run into the same problem when I pile them up in a 9x13 and put them in sterno's?

paprika

Post Sun, Jan 15 2012, 12:20 am
Parchment paper.

de_goldy

Post Sun, Jan 15 2012, 1:03 am
It sounds like you should skip the mini-pizzas unless you can serve them straight from the oven. I imagine they will quickly become soggy in the sternos.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Jan 15 2012, 11:05 am
HappyHome wrote:
thanks for all the replies. even if I reheat in a single layer, wouldn't I run into the same problem when I pile them up in a 9x13 and put them in sterno's?

Yes I think you will still have the problem when serving unless you can find a way to serve them in 1 layer (maybe a large cookie sheet over the sterno) at a time and keep refilling it.

shanie5

Post Sun, Jan 15 2012, 1:10 pm
Or instead of a 9x13, use a 1/2 deep full size pan. It will hold more than 2 9x13.

Tho only way I can think of to stack them is using reynolds release. Its aluminum foil treated on one side not to stick to things. So if you put the nonstick side down over the cheese, and layer them that way, you may avoid the problem of the layers sticking.

Or use a non-stick spray on regular aluminum foil before layering.

The soggy factor may be a problem if the pizzas are on the bottom layers for a long time.

debsey

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 6:13 pm
when you use the mazor dough, do you bake the rounds and THEN put on sauce and cheese? Or just assemble and bake?
debs

Rhom

Post Thu, Jun 05 2014, 2:38 pm
Iv'e reheated mini pizzas in sternos stacked up... sternos are not as hot as ovens so the peices won't clump together but if theyre frozen then first reheat in single layer in oven and then transfer stacked to sterno as long as the cheese is not still runny
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals