Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Penne a la vodka

amother

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 10:39 pm
Does penne a la vodka sauce reheat well? I would like to store the penne and the sauce separately then heat together on YT.
Would that work?
Or am I better off cooking up the sauce fresh on YT?

pesek zman

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 10:57 pm
That's what I'm doing. I plan in running hot water over the (al dente) pasta to warm it and reheat the sauce in the pot, and mix together. (In serving this second night and there's just not enough time to start it From scratch so I'm improvising)

sky

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 11:06 pm
I'm serving the first night and hate to leave anything for last minute. all I have left for tomorrow is the penne a la vodka and yapchik to make. Everything I read on line said you have to dunk the noodles in hot water before serving. I figured I might as well boil before serving then. I know the sauce has to be poured on immediately before serving.
I had a better way to do this last year but don't remember now.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 11:11 pm
I think I will reduce the tomato sauce/vodka/seasoning mixture in advance, then refrigerate.
On YT, refresh pasta by pouring boiling water from the urn over it. Then heat the tomato sauce mixture, add heavy cream and cheese and continue heating until melted and heated through.
This way I don't have to keep on a flame/wash pots on YT.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Jun 03 2014, 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

granolamom

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 2:54 pm
I have reheated penne a la vodka and its ok. I like it better fresh, but I hate having to cook on YT.
on a related note, has anyone every frozen it?

sky

Post Fri, Jun 06 2014, 12:07 pm
granolamom wrote:
I have reheated penne a la vodka and its ok. I like it better fresh, but I hate having to cook on YT.
on a related note, has anyone every frozen it?

I did like ra_mom mentioned and it worked. I froze the leftovers because I had nothing to do with them. but then we did want them so I reheated them and they were still good but the pasta consistency was too mushy. The consistency was better fresh, but the taste was the same.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics