Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
What can I do with these?

ez-pass

Post Fri, Jun 06 2014, 12:41 pm
Trying to use up:
1. Have tonzzzzz of eggplants. Need to make into something that I can either freeze or use for shavuos. No dairy pls
2. Tons of mushrooms
3. Zuccini.

Not home but the person I am at bought casesof these and I ddon't want them to go bad on her. I already made eggplant dip for shabbos and a mushroom barley soup and a zuccini leek soup.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jun 06 2014, 12:46 pm
I don't know about freezing, but I just put sliced eggplant and zucchini with spray (on a diet) and salt in the broiler. I plan on noshing it throughtout the day and since I made it for myself and dh, the kids will most likely nosh it too. Very Happy Rolling Eyes

Simple1

Post Fri, Jun 06 2014, 1:10 pm
You can make a kugel and/or quiche zucchini. Same with the mushrooms. You can probably even find recipes using both.

Eggplants can be sliced, breaded and fried. I know you said not dairy, but they freeze well and can be used at a later time to make eggplant Parmesan. Or you can saute onion and chopped meat and seasonings. Then layer in between the fried eggplant and bake. You can pour tomato sauce on top if you want.

All of those vegetables would be good roasted with oil and spices. Mushrooms are good sauteed and seasoned how you like.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 06 2014, 2:17 pm
ez-pass wrote:
Trying to use up:
1. Have tonzzzzz of eggplants. Need to make into something that I can either freeze or use for shavuos. No dairy pls
2. Tons of mushrooms
3. Zuccini.

Not home but the person I am at bought casesof these and I ddon't want them to go bad on her. I already made eggplant dip for shabbos and a mushroom barley soup and a zuccini leek soup.
as above, bread and roast eggplant slices then freeze for eggplant parm at a later date.

slice and saute the mushrooms for 3 minutes then freeze in small baggies so you can add to soups, stews, stir frys at a later date.

cut zucchini into sticks and roast for friday night side dish. if you still have more, slice vertically, bread, roast and freeze for zucchini lasagna (zucchini instead of lasagna noodles) at a later date.

imasinger

Post Fri, Jun 06 2014, 4:43 pm
Ratatouille freezes nicely.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals