Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Dairy Made Easy, is it worth it?

malkacooks

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 2:29 pm
Hi all,

I'm seeing many people post things for the new Dairy made easy cookbook. My question is is it worth it to buy. is it new unique recipes or more of the same stuff you can find anywhere like fedicinne Alfredo, lasagna, etc. thoughts? also if pp could post what recipes they have tried from it it would help give me a sense of whats it all about. huge ty.

malkacooks

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 8:35 pm
bump

allrgymama

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 8:48 pm
Worth it, IMO. And, relatively, not as expensive as other cookbooks

oliveoil

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 9:04 pm
Not a fan.

debsey

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 9:59 pm
Have it! Like it cuz my teens relate to all the speech bubbles and the tips. So they like to cook from it. I'm making the dairy pound cake, will report on results.
debs

nyer1

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 10:18 pm
I bought it before Shavuos thinking it would have great things for yom Tov but a lot of the things are great weekday meals. Definitely some great ideas, but not so lkovod YT IMO

justmarried:)

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 11:53 pm
Not such a fan. It's only 60 recipes

debsey

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 8:41 am
justmarried:) wrote:
Not such a fan. It's only 60 recipes

But much cheaper than a full size cookbbok!
debs

malkacooks

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 3:16 pm
well if noone has a favorite recipe from the cookbook its probably nothing special...

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 3:19 pm
malkacooks wrote:
well if noone has a favorite recipe from the cookbook its probably nothing special...

I don't have it, but I definitely wouldn't say that! I think it's a new cookbook, which means that people are only first trying out recipes now, and may not have favoirtes yet

Pineapple

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 3:19 pm
malkacooks wrote:

Everyone has diffrent tastes

You can not judge a cookbook according to what a few posters said

debsey

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 3:37 pm
I decided not to make the dairy sour cream cake. I'm not a fan of walnuts and the topping is walnuts. Not my taste...Still like the cookbook, though. I like their whole chit-chat writing style and it's a fun read.
I will probably make one of the salads on Y"T. My daughter is thinking of making one of the soups.
debs

yaeli83

Post Fri, Jun 06 2014, 9:35 am
what I like about the cookbook, is that it has a section in the back with what to use to make some of the recipes parve.

for shavuos I made a parve version of the strawberry cheesecake ice cream, and the cauliflower lemon soup. both were a hit.

The recipes look good, I just havent gotten around to making them. We do not eat a lot of meat during the week so I would like to try many of these recipes soon.

mol

Post Sat, Jun 07 2014, 2:12 pm
sour cream cake was delicious!!

Toriadore

Post Wed, Aug 06 2014, 12:20 pm
I made a few things from the book during the nine days:

1) Bistro Pizza w/ both toppings in the book. The bianca sauce is heaven and the honey pomodoro topping we appreciated for the more adult/gourmet tastebuds. I also made the pizza dip in the book. Hubs said, "I can't believe that pizza could actually get better."

2) Cannolloni. My fam liked this better than stuffed shells or lasagna. Was also easier. Make half without spinach for kids.

3) Made both the Baguette Salad and the Sunflower Salad. Recommend both. The baguette salad is very interesting - the croutons have a cheesy/pesto filling. I served whole baguettes (not chopped into croutons) along with the salad one night for a easy dinner. Yum. I also tried the Avocado Sandwich that night - great, light, no-cook meal. No one complained I served sandwiches.

4) Arancini balls. This was a treat. More work, but heaven. I would make again for Chanukah and freeze.

That's what I got to so far because I need to make things kids will eat (pizza, pasta, etc). But there's tons more that's tempting me...I would make Avocado and Basil pasta salad if my kids would eat it, but that's more of a luncheon thing (will have to wait until I need to serve guests). Definitely have to get to Lemon Ice Cream and Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream before summer is over (cakes can wait until fall).

I like the notes too. It's fun.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics