Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
My theme this year- NO THEME!
Previous  1  2  3

GAMZu

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 3:14 pm
I think matching SM to the costume is ADORABLE!
And I don't go crazy making themes. I LOVE making it!
The way I see it: I am a creative person, but I don't have much of a chance or reason to use my creativity except for projects with my kids.
So on Purim, this is my outlet. Since I will be giving SM anyway, I might as well enjoy the process!
I dressed my kids as celeries and gave celery in my SM along with some cookies and a box drink.

gryp

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 3:20 pm
hey MommyLuv, I just read your post now. What did you do in the end for shalach manos?
I think my shalach manos were the better than all the ones I got! and we got about 25 besides the kids.

Next year I'm doing it again!!! Nice fruits is so much better than all that garbage we always get.

Mevater

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 4:28 pm
GR wrote:
I'm doing a fruit basket. I dont know if that a theme or not, but I cant stand all the junk in my house. I cant wait to try this new idea. Smile

Didn't that involve last minute shopping, arranging , packing and therefore hysteria?

gryp

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 5:06 pm
Not really. Fruits need to be bought last minute so they don't go bad. Otherwise baskets, cellophane, the sparkling grape juice bottles- that's all you need.
How long does it take to put fruit in a basket and wrap it up? 2 seconds. I did it on Purim morning.

PinkandYellow

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 11:38 am
GR wrote:
Not really. Fruits need to be bought last minute so they don't go bad. Otherwise baskets, cellophane, the sparkling grape juice bottles- that's all you need.
How long does it take to put fruit in a basket and wrap it up? 2 seconds. I did it on Purim morning.

but wasn't all the fruit expensive? that's why I didn't do that in the end, I just figured it would be too much $$.

gryp

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 11:44 am
It wasn't more expensive than the cookies, chocolates, and wafers that everyone else buys.

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 11:47 am
So did anybody go in their "birthday suit" with empty basket? ... I think I saw you on Purim Nervous

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 11:51 am
I send the same thing most years, my own homebaked hamentaschen tied in a celephane with some curling ribbon, a fruit, and a wine, or grape juice, a bar or box of chocolate, or dried fuit, trail mix, or nuts, throw in some candy. Wrapped nicely in clear celephane.

MommyLuv

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 3:51 pm
GR wrote:
hey MommyLuv, I just read your post now. What did you do in the end for shalach manos?
I think my shalach manos were the better than all the ones I got! and we got about 25 besides the kids.

Next year I'm doing it again!!! Nice fruits is so much better than all that garbage we always get.

Hey GR...Yup, I did the fruit baskets. A small pineapple (found them for 1$ each!), peaches, plums, oranges, red grapes..I also threw in lemons and limes for color. It came out lovely and I am sure pple enjoyed them more than all those sour sticks and tangy taffy...
so thanks for the idea, and I'll probably do it next Purim too!
Very Happy

gryp

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 6:17 pm
greenfire wrote:
So did anybody go in their "birthday suit" with empty basket? ... I think I saw you on Purim Nervous

Not exactly, greenfire, but it was my birthday. Wink

MommyLuv, I'm glad it worked out nicely. I'm doing it next year again too. Smile

loveandpeace

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 5:13 pm
gryp wrote:
where did this "theme" thing come from anyway? my entire life no one gave shalach manos with themes, until I moved to NY.
I thought the theme was Purim, and you give 2 ready-made foods or 2 diff brachos of ready-made food.

My theme is Purim as well. Haha
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics