Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for seminary chesed girl

c.c.cookie

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 3:45 pm
Does anyone have an idea of what to give my chesed girl? This is the first time I have someone helping me in the kitchen, and not taking out my kids, so my usual photo gifts w/ pics of my kids is completely irrelevent. I thought of giving her a recipe book, with all the recipes she's made with me, but I think she already made one for herself. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Isramom8

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 3:48 pm
photos of your kitchen Wink
I gave mine a framed photo of Yerushalayim.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 3:54 pm
A day off?

lizard8

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 3:55 pm
Whatever you give her, make sure thought went in to it that makes her feel appreciated. After all the help she has given you, you can take some time to buy something special for her. It does not have to be expensive, but not from the makolet.(I've heard of some girls getting nosh!)

Isramom8

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 3:59 pm
And what is wrong with nosh? I buy it often for my kids' friends birthday parties. They love getting a bag of great stuff!

Ok, maybe a nice mishloach manos type nosh gift. Which I actually sent a bar mitzvah boy.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 4:07 pm
As a sem student, I would've loved to get some snacks.

c.c.cookie

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 4:19 pm
Okay, I get it, I'll include some snacks! Or better yet, some home made chocolate chip cookes! But I really would like to get s/t more!

R123

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 4:46 pm
If she helped you in the kitchen, how about a nice cookbook? You can write a nice note in the front of the book. Maybe you could even somehow note which recipes you've tried and liked (or diskliked) from the cookbook...it will be nice for her to have when she starts her own family iy'H....

Barbara

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 4:46 pm
snm wrote:
Does anyone have an idea of what to give my chesed girl? This is the first time I have someone helping me in the kitchen, and not taking out my kids, so my usual photo gifts w/ pics of my kids is completely irrelevent. I thought of giving her a recipe book, with all the recipes she's made with me, but I think she already made one for herself. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Make the recipe book into a lovely binder, or buy one that's already made. Add photos of the neighborhood, or other things she might enjoy. Write a nice note/dedication at the beginning.

groisamomma

Post Fri, May 14 2010, 2:44 am
A nice Cross pen and pencil set with her name engraved on it? Maybe with a leather daily planner?

TzipG

Post Fri, May 14 2010, 4:36 am
Every year we take our chesed girl to froyo on her last time with us.

c.c.cookie

Post Fri, May 14 2010, 6:38 am
TzipG wrote:
Every year we take our chesed girl to froyo on her last time with us.

I love that idea!

mommyofnineka

Post Fri, May 14 2010, 6:59 am
I always buy my chessed girl a bath towel monogramed with her name. It is something most girls don't already have and is greatly appreciated, especially if they ae going to Sem for Shana Bet or to university the following year.

happyone

Post Fri, May 14 2010, 7:48 am
I'm so happy to see that someone does appreciate the chesed help she received. I was repulsed by the thread complaining about the chesed girls in seminary. IMO any help you get is an extra bonus. NO ONE owes you any chesed even of the seminary mandates it.
Show appreciation and set an example to our other members here who think it 'comes to them."

sky

Post Fri, May 14 2010, 9:11 am
my chessed family bought me a poster (like a succhah decoration) with a large picture of yerushalayim and a beautiful thank you letter.

Debbyl

Post Fri, May 14 2010, 9:43 am
If you're willing to spend a little more, you can get her a nice jewelry roll and/or a cosmetic bag with her name on it.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, May 14 2010, 10:44 am
I got an Aneini that I use to this day (I use it every night when I bentch licht) with a beautiful note from one family.

starch

Post Mon, Jun 09 2014, 6:25 pm
I got some money with a really nice note. She told me to buy what I want and don't yet have with it. She actually told me not to get a Tehillim - shouldn't be something that I'll regret when I get off the typical sem high LOL.

In the end, I couldn't think of anything else I didn't have besides a Tehillim so I bought one. I regretted it when I got another one from my chosson a year later!

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 6:02 am
You could pay her... I feel extremely bad at the idea that some schools use their students as free workers for the community. I would refuse for my children to do it.
Why are some circles so extreme? why is it either basically a free worker, or someone you must shower in tips and gifts?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics