Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What kind of baby sleep music is NOT out there already?

imamotherusername

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 3:00 pm
Do you think there is a niche in Jewish infant music that needs to be filled? I've been looking for relaxation/sleep/bedtime music with exclusively Jewish tunes, but have not found much. So I'm thinking of arranging some! What do you suggest--styles...tunes...instruments...whatever your thoughts, I'm interested. Thanks Smile

Sarah f

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 3:11 pm
Trax to relax? I always found a cd of slow niggunim to put them down with...I liked to hum or sing along,just beware if you sing the tune at a Shabbas table u may find yourself with a sleeping beauty LOL

imamotherusername

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 3:17 pm
thanks. I do sing, too. that's cute about the shabbos table! I have found s/t similar with hamalach. I'm curious if there is a market for more Jewish music under the category of relaxation or bedtime music. like Jewish "fisher price" style sleep music...I think I'd have fun arranging/creating it, but wondering if anyone actually would listen?

Sarah f

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 3:27 pm
I think yes, until I found music that didn't get too jumpy in the cd,not too boring for me...the only other stuff I could find was not jewish and I had a 'meshugas' to only let them fall asleep to music of content.
My boys are bigger so Im kinda out the parsha ... somehow that children's classics of uncle moishy got on my nerves listening to it a couple of times a day!

Beyla

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 3:31 pm
That's a nice idea! Personally I already have some slow nigunim (not specifically for children but also nice for them) and also some Jewish kid's songs lullabies kind which are great.

3mitzvos

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 3:32 pm
OP --- such a great idea!!! I've also been searching for relaxing bedtime music for my baby and 5 yo! I don't really have any recommendations right now, but keep me posted if you go through with this!

imamotherusername

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 4:44 pm
Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I do have some songs I have done already so let me know if you want to hear Smile Hope to get a whole collection together but don't lose sleep over it ha ha ha in the meantime Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics