Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Sore on aiver after bris!!! Help.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 3:22 am
12 days after my sons bris I noticed what looked like a red sore on his aiver. The sore is about the size of a dime. If you've ever seen an infants aiver you'll know that anything the size of a dime is a very large mark in that area. This sore is not the same color as any of the other skin that was healing and it appears to be a completely separate wound.

On day 13 I called the mohel and debt him pictures. He told me to out bacitracin on it 3 times a day and it should heal. He thinks part of the healing skin on the aiver got stick to the diaper and during a changing it was pulled off. I'm worried this isn't the case.

What if it's herpes? What other symptoms would my son be having? I don't know what to do. We are traveling to another state tomorrow to have shabbat with family and I'm going to be a nervous wreck.

The baby does not have a fever. I don't know if that means anything.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 3:25 am
Doctor ASAP??

chani8

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 3:32 am
Do what he says. Put the bactroban on it.

Also, you could google "herpes" images and see if it looks like that kind of sore.

Heyaaa

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 4:08 am
Make going to a dr your priority today. If it means you have to buy store bought cholent so be it.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 7:40 am
OP here. I'm going to the doctor the on first appointment time they will give me today. Thank you.

cbw

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 3:33 pm
My son had that same timing. It was a staph infection. Check it out asap

Barbara

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 4:05 pm
Nothing to add, except my prayers that all is OK.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 6:32 pm
This is the OP: I went to the doctor today and he thought it was only part of the healing process or that perhaps some of the skin rubbed or stuck to the diaper just as the rabbi said. He told me to keep applying the bacitracin and it should be better in a few days. If it changes and gets worse I will go back right away.

I want to thank you all for the kind, thoughtful replies. For now, B"H, things seem ok.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics