Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
ISO recipe for Bakery Cookies

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 6:41 pm
I love bakery cookies, either with a swirl of icing on top or with jam in the middle dipped in chocolate, and can't buy them. The soft and crumbly type.

Do you know what I'm talking about? How can I make them at home?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 8:15 pm
There's a KBD recipe, sorry I can't access it right now. You make a dough that's sort of a sugar cookie with melted choc.swirled in it, you freeze it in logs, slice, bake and top with a spoon of choc. melted with some shortening and powdered sugar.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 9:55 pm
Pinkfridge, thank you so much (do you really have a pink fridge btw? Because that's how I imagine your kitchen)

So that recipe isn't what I was imagining - I'm looking for the basic, white only recipe for the crumbly but firm bakery cookies, the type with fudge on top or with jam in between and dipped in chocolate.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 10:01 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Pinkfridge, thank you so much (do you really have a pink fridge btw? Because that's how I imagine your kitchen)

So that recipe isn't what I was imagining - I'm looking for the basic, white only recipe for the crumbly but firm bakery cookies, the type with fudge on top or with jam in between and dipped in chocolate.

No pink fridge but I like the kids' book, The Pink Refrigerator by Tim Egan. A fable for middle age Wink

centurion

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 11:47 pm
I think pink fridge is referring to this recipe: http://www.imamother.com/forum.....66545
it's not exactly like the jam filled one, but it has the same crumbly texture, thanks to the shortening in it. if you omit the marbling (aka the melted chocolate chips), you're left with a basic bakery type base that you can fill with jam.

peppermint

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 11:59 pm
http://overtimecook.com/2011/0.....kies/

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 6:59 am
centurion wrote:
I think pink fridge is referring to this recipe: http://www.imamother.com/forum.....66545
it's not exactly like the jam filled one, but it has the same crumbly texture, thanks to the shortening in it. if you omit the marbling (aka the melted chocolate chips), you're left with a basic bakery type base that you can fill with jam.

Yes, this one has fudge on top.

myself

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 9:01 am
Is it the Viennese biscuits you're after?

ectomorph

Post Sat, Jun 21 2014, 10:01 pm
myself wrote:
Is it the Viennese biscuits you're after?
Yes, thank you!! But pareve like the frum bakeries make them (I haven't been in NY for a while and won't be able to go either... and I really want them)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics