Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Kallah shopping

londonn16

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 8:12 pm
I'm visiting the USA for my daughters wedding dowry, any ideas where's the best place to go for clothes gown coat etc

Happy18

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 8:16 pm
What state and town?

londonn16

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 8:32 pm
BP Williamsburg Monsey flatbush (will be in all these areas)

Scrabble123

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 8:41 pm
What are you looking for that is not available where you come from?

londonn16

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 8:47 pm
Scrabble: I come from London where shopping for tznuah clothing is very limited as for a kallah gown and for mother of bride. A week in the us sorts that all out, I just need the right addresses instead of going from shop to shop and wasting loads of time

mommyofd1

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 9:04 pm
augenbrauns- for gowns for both of you, they have beautiful gowns and are very nice

londonn16

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 9:08 pm
Thanks address please

mommyofd1

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 9:11 pm
it's actually moving soon but if you're going in the near future it's on coney island avenue between k and l (next to pomegranate) in brooklyn

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 10:37 pm
Friends from London who come into shop for their daughter's chassunah enjoy Woodbury Commons in Orange County NY, Century 21 and the other stores in the Bergen Mall, Annie Sez, TJ Maxx in Jersey.

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 11:59 am
Century 21 and Marshalls have great finds (They are like TK Maxx which over here is called TJ maxx).

For Jewish stores, on 18th Avenue and 47th Street you have junee and on 18 and 46 you have Brendas (more pricey).

For gowns for yourself and sheva brachos try Exquisite on New Utrecht Avenue and 53rd (call (718) 972-7809 for appointment). They have gorgeous stuff.

For kallah gown Augenbrauns on Coney Island, Bridal Direct on coney island and Ave P, Miri's on Coney Island and Ave M (they also have regular clothes and gowns, gorgeous and pricey).

If you can get a hold of a chosson kallah directory for brooklyn they have a lot of good stores advertised. Even just pick up the Ezra magazine in Junees or other stores you will see more stores.

If you are looking for designer, expensive stuff there is also Estys on Coney Island Avenue and Avenue O (or P) next door to Shevys wigs.

For wigs it is probably best to go to a sheitel macher as oppose to the store itself since a sheitel macher sells a variety usually and can give you the best for you.
There are two great people I know in Boro Park one is Itty Landau and the other is Chani Kolodny. I can get both phone numbers if you are interested.

For robes, nightgowns etc try The lingerie store. There is one on 13th and 48/49 and another on New Utrecht and 50.
Also there is a store on 16 and 46 called The Robe collection that has nice stuff.
For lingerie and nightgowns there is saposh on 18 and 47 and Yourself (or Myself?) on 52nd between 12 and 13.

On 16 and 50th there is a store called Mezzo that has some nice things too.

Check out this website:
http://www.chossonandkallah.co......html

http://kallahmagazine.weebly.c......html

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

I came to NY as a kallah and barely knew anything, it was pretty tough. Good luck!!

londonn16

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 3:19 pm
squishy, those sort of stores are aplenty y u, but thanks anyway. choc chips you're very helpful. Any more advice?

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 3:22 pm
londonn16 wrote:
squishy, those sort of stores are aplenty y u, but thanks anyway. choc chips you're very helpful. Any more advice?
Make a list of all the things you want to accomplish/buy here. Such as shells, gown, wig etc.
THen things you wouldn't mind if you find here or there.
Then you can label which stores you expect to find them in for example

Night gowns - the lingerie store or saposh
Shells - the shell station (coney island ave or 13 and 45)
Gown - bridal direct, miris, raquel (decide 2 or 3 main stores you want to look and remember most places need a week or so to do alterations unless you plan to do them in UK so maybe tackle gown the first couple days of your visit).

etc.

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 3:24 pm
londonn16 wrote:

I don't know what you mean by "y u", but you are welcome.

londonn16

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 7:58 pm
Has any one heard of Brodies in monsey for wedding gown?are they good? What about goldy schick in BP? Who is better?

hotmom

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 9:33 pm
You don't have to shlep to Brody's in monsey for an exquisite kallah gown and superb service.
As an experienced mom in this field I would recommend Sternhell in BP. She has gorgeous updated gowns, excellent prices and top of superb service. I've been all over for a gowns. Monsey is stam a shlep, Goldy shick decides wat she want to show you based on her own assumptions. She won't let you look through her line and be free to choose.
Sternhell beats the lot by far. Unless you specifically wanna keep on travelling to monsey for one.
Sternhell is on 53 between 1224 53rd st.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics