Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Play date blog

busymother

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 12:53 pm
OK, I hope I can explain this clearly. I have 2 daughters, one is super social and one would love to, but the girls in the class don't give her a chance. Both have a hard time getting play dates for Shabbos/Sundays and sometimes I'd speak to another parent or stam friend and they'll say 'my kid was also soooo bored, why didn't you call us??? But we just called 5-10 people and by the time we got to your name, we gave up!! It's so depressing sometimes! My older one barely even tries to call friends anymore. I can count on my fingers the amount of times she had playdates this year:(
I would love to start some sort of blog, not sure how, something like on Skype they show me which of my friends are available or not... so I'd sign in to the class page and it'll tell me who we can try calling and you just change the status when you get a friend type of thing... Am I making sense??? Anyone know if such a thing exists?

little_mage

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 1:12 pm
Google calendar.

oliveoil

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 5:21 pm
how old are the kids?

busymother

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 6:22 pm
10 and 6 girls, 9 and 4 boys. 4 and 6 are the easiest to find playdates for

amother

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 6:52 pm
Not sure where u live but many communities have shabbos group. We did a group of six girls and every shabbos a different girl would host. Sort've like a round robin. For me it worked out well bc not every girl would come every week so it was never six girls total. Maybe u can reach out to three or four parents and see if they would be interested.

oliveoil

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 8:11 pm
Maybe it depends where you live, but I find that 9 & 10 yr olds are generally making their own playdates.

granolamom

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 9:41 pm
is the problem that you arent making contact with the girls who are available or that girls arent "giving your dd a chance"? two very different issues.
I find that lots of playdate planning happens in school or on the bus between the girls themselves. its hard when your kid isnt able to be part of that (btdt) and then you find yourself calling the whole list on friday trying to set something up. I might try inviting a family who has a girl in your dd's class for shabbos lunch. this way the girl comes along, you can invite her to stay after her family leaves, and that might be a way to get your dd's foot in the door, so to speak.
I dont think a blog would work because I think sometimes some girls' availability depends on who you are, if you get my drift.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers