Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
ISO recipe ideas for minced chicken

ocee

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 3:51 am
Looking for ideas for minced chicken, preferably not meatballs in sauce...
Ideas anyone????
Tia Very Happy

Kira

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 4:42 am
Chicken burgers, I make mine in a george foreman, really quick and delicious served with homemade chips/wedges!

estelle

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 10:56 am
My husband made delish chicken balls in water and onions and spices, it was the most heavenly soup ever!! with baked potato wedges.

Pineapple

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 1:43 pm
Use it anyway you use ground beef

Mrs Bissli

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 1:46 pm
chicken kebabs: mix 1lb chicken mince with 1 tbsp. flour or corn starch, 1/2 chopped onions, a handful of chopped parsleys, 1/4 chopped red peppers. Season with salt, pepper, cumin. Knead well. Let rest for 15 min. Soak bamboo skewers in water. On an oiled foil or wax paper, make rows of flat, long mounds of chicken mix and insert bamboo stick half way. Broil or pan-fry.

Oriental chicken wonton: mix 1 lb chicken mince with 1/2 beaten egg, 1tbsp corn starch, chopped salad onion, 1/4cup chopped water chestnuts or shiitake mushrooms. Season with salt, pepper, grated fresh ginger and a few drops of toasted sesame oil. Fill the centre of wonton skin (either round or square), seal with water. Boil salted water (or better yet chicken soup or broth), pop a few at a time and cook till they start to float to the top. Serve in soup as they are, or serve drained with chili pepper, soy sauce, a bit of lemon and chopped coriander or salad onion.

Similar to above you can make chicken kreplach or chicken ravioli.

Chicken burger

Minced thai curry: chop or coarsely grate onions, carrots, red/yellow/green peppers. Cut aubergines in small cubes. Heat 1tbsp oil, stir-fry vegetables (takes longer to cook) till al dente. Add chicken mince, breaking up lumps. Add thai curry sauce and dilute with coconut milk/rice milk if you want it less dry. Add torn thai basil leaves if any before serving. Service with rice or with rice noodles

Minced chicken omelettes/frittata: grate 1 large-ish carrots. Mix 1/2 lbs chicken mince, carrots, 3 large eggs, salt, pepper, allspice, cumin, chili (optional), chopped coriander (optional). Heat a frying pan with some oil. Drop a few tablespoonfuls of omelette mix and fry both sides. Drain on a platter with paper towels. Best serve freshly fried with a squeeze of lemon, but this freezes well. Good for stuffing pitta or for picnic.

mama says

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 10:08 pm
I don't have any ideas. I just wanted to say, "WOW! Mrs. Bissili, you're amazing!" All those ideas were so interesting and creative. I would never be able to add anything after that. But, I'm glad I dropped in!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey