Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Dress up the cholent for dinner????

underthestars

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 2:53 am
Any ideas anyone?? I would like to finish up the cholent for tonight's dinner but can't think of a way to "dress it up" or add a side dish/or mix it into a main dish/or something that my household will eat it and not look at it and roll their eyes---any ideas? They don't eat hotdogs (that I would normally just throw in), and I can't think of any kind of "WOW" side or added main that would make it disappear. ANY SUGGESTIONS????

chani8

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 3:29 am
We put it in a tortilla, and make it like a burrito, with fresh homemade chunky salsa (chopped tomato, onion, pepper, cilantro, and hot paprika).

underthestars

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 3:42 am
That sounds like an interesting idea--just not sure how to get tortillas--I can run to the makolet and get the veges to make fresh salsa but since I never made anything like it before, not sure they may go for it. But, I can try......I have nothing to lose, right????

Shopmiami49

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 7:33 am
chani8 wrote:
We put it in a tortilla, and make it like a burrito, with fresh homemade chunky salsa (chopped tomato, onion, pepper, cilantro, and hot paprika).

growing up, we did something similar. My mom used to make "taco night". The whole neighborhood came because they loooooooved my mom's famous bean dip...which was just blended up leftover cholent with a splash or 2 of hot sauce. LOL

And we didn't do burritos, but rather Oretega tacos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics