Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
What do you serve for the third meal on shabbos?

amother

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 5:50 am
Just wondering what different people serve for the third meal, since I am always trying to find ways to make it more appetising and filling, whilst still keeping it parev. I know some people will go for dairy or fleishigs, but I don't want to have wait 6 hours afterwards, nor do I want to have to switch the cloths, etc.
Lately, I have been including smoked salmon, boiled eggs and tuna in my repertoire=- maybe with a crouton salad, and, of course, gefilte fish. Fruit salad or watermelon, if I have the ingredients.
What is everyone else doing?
I'm posting this anonymously, because I've been discussing my menu a lot lately.

heidi

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 6:45 am
Tuna croquettes, sushi salad, pasta with pesto are some of the things that have worked for me lately. Good luck, personally I have a really hard time working up the energy to make a third meal for shabbat

Raisin

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 7:25 am
I just feed my kids whatever they want and eat when the house is quiet. embarrassed

My kids eat tuna and challa, cereal, (often with pareve milk) chicken sandwiches, cholent (I leave on the blech) avocado salad. My husband eats leftover gefilta fish and whatever else he wants.

For myself, I often get ready made falafel balls and warm up pitta on the plata and make some salad. (plus chumous, techina etc)

Various types of sandwiches are a good option.

chani8

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 7:46 am
We love peanut butter (or sesame butter) and jelly with challah or matza, and fresh fruit.

lfab

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 9:03 am
egg salad
tuna salad
potato salad
cold noodle/pasta salad
cabbage salad
apple kugel
noodle kugel
challah
gefilte fish

sky

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 9:28 am
I typically make a large salmon salad with the leftover fish from Friday night. I make it on a platter and it is really pretty.
Avocado and grapefruit salad.
pasta salad (I don't have a recipe we love right now).
Deviled eggs
Cold roasted veggies - sometimes on lettuce with a mayo dressing
Leftover apple cobbler

In the summer I do serve milchigs - there are so many yummy options. And then we get ice cream for dessert. Yum!

amother

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 9:49 am
thanx for all the responses- it's great to get some ideas and inspiration!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note