Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Need advice on packing everything for the country In a day.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 25 2014, 12:19 am
Due to reasons out of my control I must pack everything for the country in one day.. Tomorrow...with a toddler underfoot. I also must clean the apartment empty the fridge as much as possible finish up laundry etc.

Any advice on how to accomplish this? I am packing for 3. Me hubby and baby.
Is this doable or should I give up now? Crying

amother

Post Wed, Jun 25 2014, 12:26 am
amother wrote:
Due to reasons out of my control I must pack everything for the country in one day.. Tomorrow...with a toddler underfoot. I also must clean the apartment empty the fridge as much as possible finish up laundry etc.

Any advice on how to accomplish this? I am packing for 3. Me hubby and baby.
Is this doable or should I give up now? Crying

Definitely doable (and stressful) I'm doing for a family of 7 in a day and a half. I recommend breaking it up. Spend an hour in the morning, then play with your baby. . . Then another hour. . .before each break, I write down what still needs to happen so it's not on my head the entire break. So, for example, if I packed baby's clothing except for pjs that are still in the wash and a bottle that I need till the last minute, I write that down so I don't have to spend my entire break time worrying I'm going to forget those stuff.
Good luck!

bookworm10

Post Wed, Jun 25 2014, 12:36 am
Totally do-able.

pack person by person- what does your baby need? Clothes, socks, etc. Then you, then your husband.

Move on to kitchen stuff, food, bathroom stuff, and shabbos stuff.

anything you forget you can buy.

working hard

Post Wed, Jun 25 2014, 12:49 am
My mother did something similar. She went room by room, putting everything she needed in that room in a big pile and then boxing/bagging everything

amother

Post Wed, Jun 25 2014, 1:59 am
Thank you everyone for calming me down. I was considering even staying home till Sunday but since our time there is limited I didn't want to miss the first Shabbos.
I'm going to try. My husband will be commuting and yes there is walmart so I really shouldn't worry too much!!

I'm open to suggestions and encouragement. I just hope my toddler cooperates Bezras Hashem, That will definitely make it less stressful. So far he hasn't cooperated.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics