Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Thank you cards

amother

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 11:49 am
I've been married 13 months and never finished sending them out. I've heard different time limites eg 6 months or a year. Did I miss the boat and should I just move on? I saved all the cards as incentive to write them and now I really need the closet space so they are either getting chucked to never be written or I need to write them today. What should I do?

nyer1

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 12:09 pm
I would rather receive a thank you note 2 years later than none at all.
I waited close to a year for mine because I had a hard pregnancy immediately following my wedding. I was still sending them out even once I had the baby. I think people really do appreciate receiving them.

suzyq

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 12:11 pm
I would send them, it's really the absolute least you can do to thank people for the gifts they so generously gave you.

oliveoil

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 1:19 pm
When it comes to showing gratitude, it's never too late.

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 1:20 pm
Definitely send it with an apology note for being late. Better late than never. People never tire of hearing you appreciate their thoughtfulness.

Eemaof3

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 1:36 pm
Better late than never. We had "friends" we lost because they never got cards (a whole batch got lost). Guess they were not really friends but even so it is nice to know your gift was received and appreciated.

zaq

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 5:18 pm
They should have been sent as soon as you got the gifts--the six-months-to-a-year grace period is a myth--but too late for that now. No, you do NOT "move on"--you plant your patootie in front of a desk and send those notes now.
People would rather get a TY 2 years late than not at all.

Happy18

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 5:40 pm
I say send them.

Bruria

Post Wed, Jun 25 2014, 10:52 am
This is very cultural. In some countries people don't do "thank you cards"at all, and they don't even know what that is!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette