Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Need Help, Please

Writergirl

Post Wed, Jun 25 2014, 5:01 pm
From the time she was 7 weeks old my baby was sleeping through the night - meaning from about 10:30 until 7:30 or 8 the next morning.

Now she is 5 months and suddenly she began waking up 2 or more times every night.

I dont want her to CIO, any suggestions for me?

TIA

5*Mom

Post Wed, Jun 25 2014, 5:29 pm
Is she teething? Not feeling well? Dirty diaper? Alternatively, 5-6 months is usually the age at which babies get hungrier and need more food, whether that's solids or just more nursing/formula. Has she started solids yet? Is she/are you interested? If nothing else is wrong, I'd feed her at night for now, but also increase her intake during the day and she should settle in a week or two.

MMCH

Post Wed, Jun 25 2014, 7:52 pm
sounds like a growth spurt, in my opinion.

have you started solids yet? or maybe upping his ounces? (or nursing times)

maybe try feeding baby a jar at supper time, and then a bottle/nurse be4 bed time.

good luck

Sara89

Post Wed, Jun 25 2014, 7:55 pm
the same thing happened with my baby. slept through the night 10-8 from 7 weeks to 7 months. then started waking up multiple times at night. it was so frustrating because that was just the age when other babies finally start sleeping through. I didn't have the heart to cio. I think it was because she was growing and getting hungrier. bH now at 15 months, she is sleeping through again.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics