Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
FREAKING OUT - CHILD WITH CHICKEN POX
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Wed, Jun 25 2014, 3:43 pm
keep her as cool as possible - minimal clothing, A/C.
Paint the spots with vitamin E and they won't even come to a head! In fact don't do this until you see a few with heads, or you'll never be sure it was chicken pox!

Get yourself some Larrea herb, that should help you avoid catching it. You can even give it to DD.

Miri1

Post Wed, Jun 25 2014, 3:47 pm
amother wrote:
keep her as cool as possible - minimal clothing, A/C.
Paint the spots with vitamin E and they won't even come to a head! In fact don't do this until you see a few with heads, or you'll never be sure it was chicken pox!

Get yourself some Larrea herb, that should help you avoid catching it. You can even give it to DD.

Please check that this is okay during pregnancy.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 25 2014, 4:00 pm
My baby got chicken pox 3 days before we supposed to fly away. I had to cancel the trip. Sad

But bh he was fine. Except for the spots and a few hours when he had a fever, you would hardly know he was sick.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 25 2014, 4:28 pm
Miri1 wrote:
I feel for you, my son just missed a major end of year siyum, with parents present, in which he was supposed to perform.

He was very upset, but "ein mah la'asot".

We made up for it in a very special and significant way.
He got over it (and so did I Smile, and it was a learning experience in how do deal with disappointment.

Refuah Sheleimah!!

Also, you can get a blood test at your OB, if you're concerned, in order to determine your immunity level, (if OB even thinks it's a concern).

How did you make up for it? I'm looking for ideas...

imaima

Post Wed, Jun 25 2014, 4:38 pm
amother wrote:
My five year old has a suspicious looking rash on her stomach and back, a little on her legs and has been complaining of itchiness. No fever, acting totally normal, etc. I'm 99% sure that she was vaccinated for it, but I don't understand her immunization card. I'm in Israel and I'm finding it impossible to follow. Her kindergarden graduation is tomorrow and I just saw the spots a little while ago (5pm - doc office closes at 6) I know that she had a few spots a couple days ago, but I just assumed they were mosquito bites.

I called the doctor and the secretary told me that it is probably chicken pox, which means I can not bring her in b/c it poses a risk to any newborns or pregnant women who go there. But I am not even sure if it is chicken pox! Who says it's not rubella or measles or something else? Maybe it's nothing? I'm so frustrated and freaking out. I am in my 5th month pregnancy and am not immune to MMR. I am soooo nervous. Hubby is away so I can not even stay away from her.

What should I do??? Should I just assume it's chicken pox? How can I get the doctor to see her? HELP!!!

The trick to recognize chicken pox is to look in the hair. It is the only disease where the blisters also occur in a hairy part (per my ped). They also spread very quickly. When my kids had it, new spots where popping up every 20 min to hour.

imaima

Post Wed, Jun 25 2014, 4:41 pm
amother wrote:
One spot scabbed over - I think. Or maybe she scratched it until it looks like a scab? How would I know the difference?

One is not enough. They all need to be scabbed. They get ripe, white, and then scab over. While the first ones scab over, the latter ones might be just getting full with liquid.

cbg

Post Thu, Jun 26 2014, 1:04 am
Just a suggestion, can she be skyped into the graduation. It's not the same, but at least she can be part of it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers