Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Bringing tools on Aliyah

amother

Post Thu, Jun 26 2014, 10:02 pm
My DH is very handy. We live in a house in the US and he has lots of tools. Like a table saw. Is there a need to bring all these tools. I am afraid if we will be living in an apartment there will be no room. On the other hand to replace them in EY will be very expensive. Thoughts?

DrMom

Post Thu, Jun 26 2014, 10:21 pm
There is no room in an Israeli apt for a table saw, unless you have an apt with many rooms and few children. Even so, I doubt your neighbors will appreciate your using a table saw.

Perhaps if this hobby is very important to your DH, you can prioritize finding an apt with a garden or large mirpesset (porch) where he can do some woodworking, and a machsan (storage room) for keeping tools.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 26 2014, 11:08 pm
A table saw is not a "tool" but a piece of industrial equipment for which nobody has the space in an apartment, even in the USA. For that you need a garage or basement. Plus, if it's not 220V (though industrial equipment usually is), it won't work in Israel, anyway. You do mean a table saw and not a rotary saw?

OTOH, hand tools are something you always need. If your dh tools are of high quality, by all means bring them, so long as they're not English-system tools. You're going to a metric-system country, so forget the English-system socket-wrenches unless you're bringing an American car.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions