Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Chocolate mold recipe.

behappyeveryday

Post Thu, Jun 26 2014, 6:08 pm
Bought number four chocolate mold with sticks to make lollipops for ds birthday. What's a good recipe to fill the molds?

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jun 26 2014, 9:07 pm
buy good quality chocolate. NOT baking chocolate. shmerling's bittersweet will do. melt it carefully in a double boiler/glass bowl over pot of boiling water. stir while melting. pour into candy molds. if you want extra color, put colorful sprinkles in the mold before the chocolate.

if there's any extra chocolate, dip pretzels or strawberries or bananas into it. dip those into sprinkles, shredded coconut, candied nuts, whatever you like. allow to cool.

enjoy!

kkids

Post Thu, Jun 26 2014, 10:39 pm
I use the baking bars and they do the job I.e. melt nicely they taste ok unless you a real chocolate expert you can get the colored decorating bars (I like the liebers ones best they melt the smoothest ( add a bit of oil if you need to liquefy chocolate never water) and paint the mold with the color get as creative as you want let that dry in the fridge then add melted chocolate let set in fridge then they look like they are starting to seperate pop out
tip for easy clean up use foil pans I use a 9*13 and put the water in it. you can biol water in a kettle then you don't even need a burner but you will need to change the water if it cools down. then for colores if you are doing multiple a cup cake pan works well and depending on how much choco you need to melt use that size pan you can put those directly in the water or on top of another 9*13 that is on top of the water which helpes to avoid getting water into the chocolate although you might need to put it directly on the water at first . for clean up you store the hardened chocolate in the pans when need d just put more hot water and you're ready to make more when they spring a leak or get to old dispose

Bitachon101

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 12:20 am
Don't know if u'll go for this cuz its not "top quality choc" but before shavuos needed something to keep my bored toddler busy so I found a choc mold and remembered once making a chocolate peanut butter mix that tasted heaven so I did it and my son loovvvves it. I use these chocolates as treats daily now:

I do one cup choc chips
Half stick margarine
Less than half cup peanut butter

Melt in microwave for 1 min and stir till blended. May need another 20 second in microwave and mix till smooth.
Pour into molds
(Mine are lolly molds so we use toothpicks for sticks and its a big hit)

I put in fridge and pop out a lolly every time a treat is called for

I personally like the melted version better than the mold version but my son disagrees Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics