Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Im upset with myself, feel like a failure- vent

MMCH

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 1:12 pm
I really thought I was an ok mother, but these past 3 weeks without school or camp, really tested my limits. im so disappointed with myself. I thought I was one of those mothers who loves being around their children at all times, and that I love to do activities and projects, and doing errands all together..

bh we have two little girls, 1.5 and 3.5 . my dh is in a grueling residency program, and I was home this past year with dd2.
the older one finished her little pre-school in early june, and isn't starting her little camp (which to begin with I felt guilty spending on) doesnt start till monday.
I completely underestimated myself. I thought whats the big deal, well go places, do projects, ill save some money on sending her to in-btwn camp... it will be nice.
I am exhausted, and counting down the hours till she starts. its not her per say, shes great, but my baby with her together, as you can imagine, their a handful.

im upset and dissapointed. I feel guilty when I read here that ppl keep all 6 of their kids home for the summer!

Dolly Welsh

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 1:20 pm
There there. Lie on the floor on something clean and let the children wash over you. Have some toys around and a pillow under your head. Let the slow cooker make dinner.

You are being too intelligent. A piece of your head is with your husband so you are being intelligent along with him.

Stupid out. Just lie there and be a mommy. The kids don't need anything more. Chatter and natter to them. Read dumb books to them.

Hugs.

It's summer. Let us relax.

lk1234

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 7:12 pm
you're me last summer. This summer I got over myself and every single child is enrolled in camp from the day school ends to the day school starts.

Don't feel bad. You just need to get over yourself too.

It was a huge disappointment for me when I was going through- EXACTLY how you wrote it, but now I am perfectly happy with myself and my shortcomings. I just learned to not be so hard on myself and be NORMAL. No one will love you more or love you less if you are just a normal mother.

From last summer I learned that in everything in life, go for normal, not extreme.

Hugs

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Jun 29 2014, 12:29 am
I've had a summer like that. the trick is to create a schedule in advance. sit down now and schedule every day until camp starts. it'll go much smoother. make sure to have a couple of good activities ready for the kids, including one outing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics