Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Jerusalem Clothes Shopping Questions

amother

Post Thu, Dec 19 2013, 7:13 pm
Hi,

We will be in Israel next week please Gd. We are from very out of town. We would like to buy up on tznius clothing.

Some things we want to buy:

*Shells, sleeveless, cropped, and similar.
*Skirts, weekday and Shabbos.
*Tichels/Bandanas

We will be based in Yerushalayim.

Can you please recommend the best places for these items? They do not have to be all in the same area.

Please contribute to this thread, it will make the trip a lot easier for us if we don't have to waste precious time searching Smile

Thanks!

PS: I tried searching individually, but some threads were old and the details may no longer be correct.

Marion

Post Thu, Dec 19 2013, 7:53 pm
If you had said skirts I would have sent you to the hole in the wall. Literally, the store is called Chor BaKir. They may have tops but it's not what they're known for. It sounds like your best bet is just to walk up and down Malchei Yisrael in Geula...

working hard

Post Thu, Dec 19 2013, 8:49 pm
The best place for skirts is upstairs in Rav Shefa - Merav Fashions or something like that

Butterfly1986

Post Thu, Dec 19 2013, 10:25 pm
I would recommend walking along Malchei yisrael too. There is a store called Chemise which is loaded with shells if I remember correctly. Try Zeesy which is above Impiriat HaChesed - next door Shankys. Rechov Petach Tikva. They have a great collection of skirts..

Shuly

Post Sat, Dec 21 2013, 1:32 pm
A great store for shells is Basic You. The address is Yaffo 59. It’s on the same side of Yaffo as King George, a few stores past King George, if you’re coming from the direction of the Old City.
Just make sure to try on each shell because they are cut differently.

Chemise on Malchei Yisroel also has great shells. They are more expensive, but they may have more colors if you are trying to match something specific.

cityofgold

Post Sun, Dec 22 2013, 12:24 am
There's a new tichels place in Geula that some of my friends have been to. I think it's called Head over Heels, or something like that. (I guess they have socks, too.) I don't know the exact location, but they have a big red & white sign on the main street of Geula.

I usually go to Shlager's in Geula for shells. (Although now I will have to try this Basic You!) It's on Malchei Yisrael, same side as the bank, and it's pretty close to Kikar Shabbat. I think their cotton shells are 30 for sleeveless and 40 or 45 for full shells. (but I could be off a bit)

amother

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 10:32 am
Great replies here!

Are Israeli shells good quality? I've heard some negative things in general about Israeli clothing quality. Is that fair?

ascsam

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 11:39 am
You can find shells in several stores in Center 1 (beside central bus station)
Head coverings - along King George at Yaffo St. There are several stores.

smss

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 11:43 am
amother wrote:
Great replies here!

Are Israeli shells good quality? I've heard some negative things in general about Israeli clothing quality. Is that fair?

I prefer pb&j shells for sleeveless, I think they are better quality. but I have ONLY been able to find long-sleeve shells (to wear under a short-sleeve shirt) that aren't totally skintight in israel.

I have some great skirts from shlager's in geulah and the prices are very reasonable. you should be able to find tichels while you're in geulah, too.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 30 2013, 8:36 am
Would you know where to buy girls shabbos clothing in Yerushalayim?

Outfits and Shabbos Robes?

Toda!

amother

Post Tue, Dec 31 2013, 7:44 am
Shuly wrote:

Chemise on Malchei Yisroel also has great shells. They are more expensive, but they may have more colors if you are trying to match something specific.

Crazy expensive! Like 80 shekels!

amother

Post Wed, Jan 01 2014, 11:57 am
Is there a good place to buy women's shabbos robes?

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Wed, Jan 01 2014, 12:11 pm
amother wrote:
Is there a good place to buy women's shabbos robes?

Saposh, expensive, but they have all the american brands - good quality.

kermit the frog

Post Wed, Jan 01 2014, 12:50 pm
shechayanu has nice women's (imported) shabbos robes, they are located in romema near yirmiyahu

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Wed, Jan 01 2014, 12:52 pm
Curious, was never in Shechiyanu, is it worth coming in for their kids / baby department?

fam.marks

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 6:19 am
in the industrial area of beit shemesh is kosher casual. open from 9-5. they have great stuff for girls, teens and women. google them and check their facebook page. teichels go to the shuk. also try shibtai yisrael in geulah. just go into every store and look. remember to bargain

amother

Post Sun, Jun 29 2014, 6:25 am
BUMP!

Am bumping this so we can keep it all in one thread. Any additional advice out there? I am also OOT and will be in Israel this summer and am interested in tznius tops. Colorful! And preferably ones that I can wear without layering a shell underneath.

TIA
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions