Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Bleach question

miami85

Post Sun, Jun 29 2014, 6:21 am
I'm not so familiar with using bleach, as in the past I've always had accidents with it.

Anyway, I wanted to bleach some stains on a mostly white t-shirt with a design on it. We don't have our own washing machine--we use a communal washing machine that we pay per load.

How do I go about washing the shirt now that I've treated the stains with bleach--in a regular "hot load" or should I make sure it's a WHITE load? Or just wash it in the sink?

Please help me.

Learning

Post Sun, Jun 29 2014, 7:35 am
Why is your regular a "got load"? Just wash it as you always do. A little bleach on the shirt won't matter. If you want you can rinse the bleach y pouting water in the treated area.

vintagebknyc

Post Sun, Jun 29 2014, 10:26 am
miami, you treated the stains with bleach and didn't rinse? you need to get that shirt under the faucet NOW. straight bleach can eat through clothes. (I know this from personal experience!)

I only use bleach in my white loads, and if you're about to do one throw this shirt in now. otherwise, rinse it!

(for future reference, bleach and water in a dish, and use q-tips on the places where there are stains. sometimes I need to dab over the spot a few times, but it a safer bet.)

miami85

Post Sun, Jun 29 2014, 6:34 pm
It was a Clorox bleach pen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry