Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to tell this to cleaning lady

amother

Post Sun, Jun 29 2014, 7:45 pm
I am relatively new to having a cleaning lady. she comes for a very short time, and one of the things I have her do is dishes. problem is im noticing she does a terrible job! the dishes are not really clean. im terrible with telling her what to do. its just so not my personality.. I am very nice. always offering her snack and drink, and feel awkward telling someone how to clean.. in general she isnt the most thorough perfectionist type at all, but gets through my house quickly, and that works for me for now. back to the dishes.. how do I word this to her? im so bad at this, but im paying money and want clean dishes! please dont tell me to get rid of her, I wont be able to find someone for this little hours, and emotionally I need to feel like my house gets cleaned once a week. thanks!

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Jun 29 2014, 7:54 pm
do the dishes and have her do something you would normally do yourself. or save up for a dishwasher, though you'll have to rewash some dishes from that as well. if you can't tell her to do it again, your dishes won't get washed (by her).

hotmom

Post Sun, Jun 29 2014, 8:26 pm
I would pretend I need a plate, glass or cutlery she had just washed. While taking it off the rack I would spot a dirt, I would show it to her and tell her nicely to try and make sure all the dirt is off. You like really clean dishes.
If you tell her nicely without reprimand there is no reason why she shouldn't try better next time. The next time I would check dishes after her washing and if no good again....them either don't let her wash them ( which I anyways wouldn't want....but that's me!) Or try to remind her that you are particular about sparkling dishes.
I did it with walls and floors and they were happy I told them nicely...it worked!
Good luck!! LOL Wink Applause Thumbs Up

SplitPea

Post Sun, Jun 29 2014, 8:31 pm
we have found even the best cleaning ladies don't do a good job with dishes. its just not worth it having anyone do them. Sad

allrgymama

Post Sun, Jun 29 2014, 8:43 pm
I also used to have a hard time with this, but it's easier when you think of it in terms of paying someone to do something for you. My cleaning lady is very thorough, baruch Hashem, but I have on occasion gone to put dishes away and seen that they weren't really clean, so I show her where they're dirty and she cleans them again.

If you can't bring yourself to correct her cleaning, give her something else to do and wash the dishes yourself.

Personally, dishes are the last thing I ask my cleaning lady to do (who I also have for limited hours) as I would rather she schlep the vacuum or clean my toilets, or my oven or other more heavy duty work.

syrima

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 10:57 am
My cleaning lady does laundry but will not sort out the socks for me.
I would rather do dishes! Sad

sky

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 11:15 am
syrima wrote:
My cleaning lady does laundry but will not sort out the socks for me.
I would rather do dishes! Sad

And mine takes the extra socks with no matches and just puts them together, regardless of the size or style. My kids have a good time figuring it out when it is time to get dressed. But I'm so grateful for her help and wouldn't survive without her right now.
I've decided its worth it to say nothing. If I'm happy with everything else she doese.
If you do say something start with a compliment. Say it how you'd rather your boss says it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry