Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Biggest chessed someone did for you

smileyface:)

Post Sun, Jun 29 2014, 1:23 am
I saw a post on another jewish website that said " what was the biggest chessed ever done for you" and it was so nice to see the good in humanity Smile so please share! I will start:
When I was applying to seminary my father was niftar from depression. His dentist heard about this and offered to pay for me and even paid for my flight! and he made it seem like we were doing him a favor. mi keamcha yisrael!

rachel6543

Post Sun, Jun 29 2014, 10:55 am
Many years ago, before I was married I was in a car accident and on disability for several weeks because of the car accident injury.

A lady in the Jewish community was an amazing help. She did all my laundry and food shopping for me. It was such a big help.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Jun 29 2014, 11:05 am
The collel that accepts dh and learns with him so he is out of my hair Smile

smileyface:)

Post Sun, Jun 29 2014, 1:14 pm
bump

myself

Post Sun, Jun 29 2014, 1:26 pm
During a difficult time a friend of ours helped out in a remarkable way. Knowing that I'd be embarrassed and would refuse, he told DH not to share his identity. I found out at one point but felt perfectly comfortable with it as I didn't feel I had to reciprocate in any way since I supposedly did not know who was behind it. I could never thank him personally as I don't want to give away that I know but DH thanked him profusely.

It was actually beneficial that I knew who it was as otherwise I would've been embarrassed of everyone, speculating whether they were the ones.

I will be forever grateful for his sensitivity.

Liebs

Post Sun, Jun 29 2014, 5:36 pm
Not nec. biggest chessed done for me, but one I'd like to share-
A neighbor made me supper when my baby was 3 months old. (sometimes it's later when you need it)

chaos

Post Sun, Jun 29 2014, 7:08 pm
When I was unemployed and living with my parents (I love my parents, but it wasn't a great time in our relationship), a leader in the community offered me a part-time job based on a unique, specialized skill that I had. There wasn't much money, but the fact that someone valued my skill and offered me a job when the job-hunt in my field was going so badly was a huge morale booster. The best part though was that he really made it seem like I was doing him a favor and that he was hugely grateful for my help, not the other way around. I did start a career in my field soon after, moved out of my parents' house and out of that geographical area, so I'm no longer working this job, but I'll never forget that offer.

yOungM0mmy

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 12:00 pm
I'm the Rebbetzin of a community and miscarried on Shmini Atzeres morning, just after my husband went to shul and left me behind with the rest of the kids. The people of my community were absolutely amazing. I had to make several phone calls till I managed to reach someone, a teenager - she ran next door and got her neighbour, the two of them came, the girl went straight in to my kids and I didn't see them again - she played with them and kept them occupied while I went in to the ambulance so they were not worried at all. The news spread fast because my husband was called out of shul, people came over, 2 women packed up clothes and things for myself and my kids while I just sat, one woman took the kids to my parents where they would stay for the rest of Yom Tov. When I got home from the hospital, my house was cleaned, including the blood off the chair I was sitting in, the toilet, my kids' breakfast that had been left on the table because I hadn't cleaned it yet, the clothes that were strewn around etc...

21young

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 12:28 pm
When my son was in the midst of being diagnosed with a disability and it felt like the world was falling down I was in touch with a mother who had a child with the same disability. On the day that we were going for an important doctors appointment she drove over with an adorable package wrapped up for my child, complete with a poem that showed the light side of the situation. I will never forget it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics