Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Suri for Sara(h)

amother

Post Tue, Jul 01 2014, 9:51 pm
I'm iyh having a girl, and the person were thinking of naming for went by Surie but her Torah name was Sara. My husband and I are on different pages with spelling it in hebrew so Wwyd? Just write Sara in Hebrew or how would you spell surie (or suri or sury)

joy613

Post Tue, Jul 01 2014, 10:01 pm
In Hebrew it would be like Sarah.

But what do you mean by hebrew? Are you in Israel and it will be on all her documents? I would do Sarah and she can be called suri. If you're not in Israel then you'll be using her hebrew spelling much less often and it doesn't really make a difference.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 01 2014, 10:28 pm
Op I'm not in Israel but for example all my other kids Iput their names on a towel, knapsack, lunch pail etc....they all have their names we call them by, not necessarily their hebrew names...but some of the stuff is hebrew letters...Example....my son Asher eliyahu has eli enscribed in his chitas because that's what we call him. If I were to do the same iyh for this child and wanted to write Surie, I'm trying to see how I would spell it in hebrew. Make sense? Not sure what Israel has to do with writing hebrew names or not

LiLIsraeli

Post Wed, Jul 02 2014, 12:48 am
I've seen it spelled sin-vav-reish-yud. I've also seen people named Suri with personalized items that said Sara.

I don't think it makes that much of a difference. Sara is the full name, and Suri is the nickname. You can choose either, depending on the circumstances.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names