Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
N. Woodmere- Ohr Torah vs young Israel

amother

Post Tue, Jul 01 2014, 9:21 pm
Tell me about these two shuls. Which is better for a young (20s) family with small kids, JPF.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 02 2014, 12:08 pm
Bump

Henna12

Post Wed, Jul 02 2014, 12:29 pm
It would depend on level of religiosity. (SP?) Ohr Torah's main minyan is half 60+, MO, and some young black hatters. As far as I know, Young Israel is mostly MO, 30+.

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Jul 02 2014, 12:53 pm
Unfortunately, Ohr Torah's minyan is shrinking because most of the young families are moving into the other side of the neighborhood where taxes are lower (different school districts).

The YI is a little more to the left (people send their kids to HAFTR or HALB). There is also BKNW, which is a little more to the right (mix of HALB and Shulamith/TAG for girls or South Shore/Yeshiva Ketana for boys). Even further to the right is another shul, whose name I am currently blanking on, which is more of a black hat crowd, if that means anything.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 02 2014, 1:27 pm
What does BKNW stand for (ok, well I get what the NW is for)? That seems our type. Our eldest is starting at YOSS in the fall.

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Jul 02 2014, 3:01 pm
It's a very original name: Beis Knesset of North Woodmere http://www.bknw.org/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating