Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
MO women- tell me something great about charedim
Previous  1  2

ronbonboo

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 5:06 pm
And I wanted to add I keep shabbas like the chareidim, I keep kosher in fact cholov yisroel in my house, and I follow Taharas Hamishpacha. But my skirts don't always cover my knees and I wear short sleeves sometimes in the summer. I watch tv but only listen to Jewish music. I cover my hair 100% of the time while others pull the front half out. It's not for me to judge we all learnt differently and love different lives.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Tue, Jul 01 2014, 8:31 am
I admire chareidim for their ability to negate their personal desires in order to do (what they believe to be) the finest details of mitzvot.

I admire them for their menuchat nefesh.

I admire the way so many of them can raise large, beautiful families.

Roots

Post Tue, Jul 01 2014, 8:31 am
what a nice thread

chanchy123

Post Tue, Jul 01 2014, 8:51 am
The chareidi womem I know are for the most part very into personal growth in midot and torah. I am always surprised at how many chareidi womem are makpid on davening in general but mincha speccificly especially when they are moms of large families.

Liebs

Post Tue, Jul 01 2014, 9:50 am
This is so beautiful-makes me want to live up to all this!

eschaya

Post Tue, Jul 01 2014, 10:35 am
Makpid in halacha even if it comes at great expense and tzaar to them. You really see how strong their belief in Hashem is. No personal negiyus involved.

Amazingly supportive community. Take care of each other.

Chareidi women are some of the strongest people I know. Frequent pregnancies and many kids, usually a main breadwinner, oftentimes living with financial struggles... yet they are still the ones doing tons of chessed, never taking a break, thinking and caring for others, and still calm and happy. Don't know how they do it. Made of strong stuff.

(I'm not MO, but not chareidi either... so I'm posting under both threads!!)

ora_43

Post Tue, Jul 01 2014, 11:34 am
Just today I was present when a kid got hurt. Within about 2 minutes a charedi man who had seen what had happened called hatzolo and the hatzolo guy was already there checking to make sure she was OK. I'd never seen hatzolo in action before, and it was really amazing.

(Kid seems to be OK, BH).

catonmylap

Post Tue, Jul 01 2014, 12:58 pm
I admire their davening and their bitachon.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 01 2014, 2:25 pm
The amount of Chesed organizations within the Chareidi community is awe-inspiring. I'll never forget when my baby was in hospital. Every Thursday morning a Rebbi would come with his class of 8-year old boys and they would sing a bunch of very moving songs before Shabbos. That is what would get me through some of the hardest days. Hearing their sweet, innocent voices singing made me cry and Daven really hard for my son. Also, on one of the many Shabboses that we were in the hospital I remember having a particularly hard time with my son still sick and not being home with my family. I was hoping I would be able to see someone or that someone would come by and lift up my spirits. A moment later a Chareid man came by to do Bikur Cholim. He came over to where my son was and even though he was just a baby the man spoke to him and tried to get him to smile. I think he felt how much I needed someone's besides a doctor's presence. He sat with me, spoke encouraging words to me, and it didn't matter that I wasn't Chareidi or that I was a woman. This is a tremendous Chesed. I'm sure lots of people do it but my experiences were with Chareidim. I am not Chareidi but if any of my kids would decide to become Chareidi I would have nothing but respect for them knowing they would belong to an amazing community.

naturemom

Post Wed, Jul 02 2014, 10:36 am
I like that charedi children are not involved in boy /girl politics and casual flirting at a young age. Children are able to grow up as children instead of mini adults.
I like that kids are sheltered as long as possible from s-xual ideas.

Blue jay

Post Wed, Jul 02 2014, 12:57 pm
The great thing about chareidi woman is that they are fellow Yiddin

The great thing about modern orthodox women is that they are fellow Yiddin Too!

The great thing about Jewish people of all types (Conservative, Reformed, reconstructionis, secular, traditional. etc) is that they are all Yiddin too!

We are all connected to each other and every single one of us have a special connection to Ha-shem!

rosehill

Post Wed, Jul 02 2014, 5:56 pm
QueenBee3 wrote:
The great thing about chareidi woman is that they are fellow Yiddin

The great thing about modern orthodox women is that they are fellow Yiddin Too!

The great thing about Jewish people of all types (Conservative, Reformed, reconstructionis, secular, traditional. etc) is that they are all Yiddin too!

We are all connected to each other and every single one of us have a special connection to Ha-shem!

That should be the imamother banner.

Smiling Wife

Post Wed, Jul 02 2014, 6:03 pm
I like that charedi girls are tmimisdik! so sweet!

naturemom

Post Wed, Jul 02 2014, 6:42 pm
Another thing I greatly admire and respect is their adherence to their standards no matter what circumstances arise.
For example wearing long sleeves and tights, or a hat and long jacket in this heat.
Or being stranded in an airport or somewhere and preferring to eat only water and bananas rather than eat something that is not Cholov yisroel or something that has a hechsher that is unacceptable to them.

It is so easy to convince yourself that these are extenuating circumstances and be more lenient. So to choose not to be lenient unless it is pikuach nefesh is admirable.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics