Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
New Olah Needs Job in Engineering

amother

Post Tue, Jul 01 2014, 1:07 am
My daughter-in-law recently made aliyah. She spoke with Nefesh b’Nefesh before she chose her field of study for her master’s degree. Based on their recommendation, she obtained a master’s in Electrical Engineering with a focus on solar from one of the top engineering schools in the U.S. She attended on a full scholarship. Her bachelor’s is in Physics.

DIL’s Hebrew ability is better than most new olim (she works one-on-one with an Ulpan teacher as she placed out of the class levels offered).

As I’m sure you know, N b’N doesn’t have a job placement division. DIL has sent her resume in response to job postings and sent blanket emails with her resume to her email list, but so far she has not received any positive responses.

Are there any Imamothers who work, or know people who work, in engineering in Israel who would be willing to pass her resume on to a prospective employer? If so, please advise the best way for me to send you her resume.

TIA!

(Amother because I don’t want to be outed.)

sara_s

Post Tue, Jul 01 2014, 2:36 am
Electrical Engineering is a great career to have in Israel! And having a masters when most graduates only have a bachelors in the field should be a plus.

Has she tried applying to Intel? She should apply directly through their website to specific job postings.

In general she should think of companies that develop hardware- Cisco, Applied Materials are a couple I can think of, and check out their postings on their own website.

Some companies will accept electrical engineer graduates for hardware or software developer positions, so it's worth looking at those too and seing what the requirements are

Ethosia and Dialog are good HR agencies to contact, if they like her resume they will be very helpful, and have contacts at all the big firms (they would charge the firm for a sucessful placement, not her)

CJI- computer jobs in Israel is a good bi weekly newsletter with job postings

Jobs posted on the big Israeli job boards are often flooded with resumes and are less helpful.

Good luck!

Raisin

Post Tue, Jul 01 2014, 4:42 am
I know someone who works as an engineer and has many years experience working in the field in Israel. If you want to pm me I can put you in touch with him.

She can try google, I think they have an office in israel. Also Intel.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jul 01 2014, 4:51 am
check these out:
https://gvahim.org.il/
http://www.glassdoor.com/Job/I.....6.htm

sara_s

Post Tue, Jul 01 2014, 12:30 pm
Ps. She should create a great LinkedIn profile ASAP if she hasn't already. And then join all the relevant groups in Israel. That's where the good job postings will be

lech lecha08

Post Wed, Jul 02 2014, 6:18 am
amother wrote:
My daughter-in-law recently made aliyah. She spoke with Nefesh b’Nefesh before she chose her field of study for her master’s degree. Based on their recommendation, she obtained a master’s in Electrical Engineering with a focus on solar from one of the top engineering schools in the U.S. She attended on a full scholarship. Her bachelor’s is in Physics.

DIL’s Hebrew ability is better than most new olim (she works one-on-one with an Ulpan teacher as she placed out of the class levels offered).

As I’m sure you know, N b’N doesn’t have a job placement division. DIL has sent her resume in response to job postings and sent blanket emails with her resume to her email list, but so far she has not received any positive responses.

Are there any Imamothers who work, or know people who work, in engineering in Israel who would be willing to pass her resume on to a prospective employer? If so, please advise the best way for me to send you her resume.

TIA!

(Amother because I don’t want to be outed.)

Can you PM me? DH says they're hiring where he works

amother

Post Wed, Jul 02 2014, 12:17 pm
OP here:

Thanks to all of you who replied. If anyone has any other leads or advice, please keep posting.

I've given my DIL all the info you've supplied and please G-d she'll find employment through one of them.

My son and DIL's son turns one tomorrow! A near sabra, don't you think?

amother

Post Wed, Jul 02 2014, 12:47 pm
Not relevant to the job search but I know your DIL and she's a GREAT girl! Intelligent, personable, and just so sweet. I wish her lots of hatzlacha in her job search. I hope Hashem will send her the right job speedily!

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 2:07 am
To previous amother:

Thanks for your compliments about her. I adore her! I know I'm blessed that she's my daughter-in-law.

And if you know anyone who knows anyone who may know someone in her field in Israel, please let her know.

O.P.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Dec 31 2019, 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total

DrMom

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 4:54 am
PM me and I can try to get her resume to a relevant department where I work (large high-tech firm).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions