Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Getting candle-wax off a towel +did it treif up my counter?

Snowdrop

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 1:56 am
I Was trying to melt the havdala candle remnants out of the holder, and it ended up falling all over a nearby towel, the counter, and the outside of a casserole dish. How do I get the wax off the towel, and do I need to ask a shaila about the counter and the dish?

zaq

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 9:13 pm
Havdalah candles are made of either beeswax or paraffin, neither of which is tref.

To remove the wax, first put the cloth in the freezer for a few hours. Then hit the blob with a hammer to break it up. Scrape away the remnants with a dull knife or credit card. Then, to remove the wax soaked into the fibers, place either brown grocery paper or paper towels over and under the spot, and press with a dry iron. The melted wax will soak into the paper. Move the paper to a clean spot and repeat, moving to a clean part of the paper each time, till no more wax is absorbed onto the paper.

Snowdrop

Post Tue, Jul 08 2014, 3:12 am
Thanks so much!
How do you know that,btw?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry