Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Free/cheap summer activities in Brooklyn/NYC
Previous  1  2

out-of-towner

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 11:51 am
Any local libraries around that might have storytelling? That would keep your preschoolers occupied and your 7 year old can look at age appropriate books.

mirror

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 12:34 pm
Starbucks gives out free cups of water (including cover and straw) if you want to wait in line. I always ask for ice before they fill it with water.

16 Handles ice cream store (If you hold of their hechsher) gives out free spoonful samples of ice cream.

Do you have any friends with swimming pools in Monsey or Lakewood who would invite you for a Shabbos?

chaya35

Post Tue, Jul 08 2014, 12:28 pm
sky wrote:
Governers Island.
Ikea ferry (ages 3 -12 are free, adults $5, and if you spend $10 at ikea the trip is free). I've never done it but its in my idea book.
Any fruit or vegetable picking in your area? We love picking kirbies one day and then pickling them the next.
Water painting (fill a bucket with water and some paintbrushes and paint the house the or the sidewalk).

Did the Ikea ferry this past Sunday and it was free. Not sure but I think all weekends are free.

sky

Post Tue, Jul 08 2014, 12:36 pm
chaya35 wrote:
Did the Ikea ferry this past Sunday and it was free. Not sure but I think all weekends are free.

thanks for the update.

nicole81

Post Tue, Jul 08 2014, 2:23 pm
There is a nice size pool for children in the playground on Strickland and Mill Ave in Mill Basin. And aside from Brooklyn Bridge Park being fantastic, they also have a pop up pool.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries