Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Rice with Dairy Meal

sbs

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 4:14 pm
I'm looking for a recipe to use rice as a side dish with fish,

was thinking of maybe something with cheese, veggies,

any recipes?

or recipes for other rice side dish ideas?

thank you

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 4:32 pm
Make rice as usual, but put in mixed herbs that will compliment your main dishes. When the rice is done, add a few tablespoons of butter and mix it in. Yum! DH loves this.

mha3484

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 4:35 pm
Risotto!

Gneshe

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 4:52 pm
Saute onion in butter until soft. Add celery, different colored peppers, fresh mushrooms, and saute. Add rice and water and cook till done. Mix shredded cheese in before serving. My family loves this!

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Jul 08 2014, 7:19 pm
Mushroom rice: cook rice as according to direction. Once it's cooked and fluffed, add sautéed chopped mushroom. (Use about 1pkg raw mushrooms, bottom trimmed, halved and sliced for about 3cups raw rice. Sautee with butter if serving for milky meal).

Dill and pea rice: cook rice as according to direction. Once it's cooked and fluffed, add a handful of chopped fresh dill and frozen petit pois/green peas. Use 1cup frozen peas for 3 cups raw rice.

Medjara: it's parve on its own. Lentils and caramelized onion bits. But it's extra yummy to serve with dollops of plain yogurt on top.

If cooking rice with fish, my family likes kedgeree, basically basmati rice pilaf flavoured with mild curry powder and cooked with fish (esp smoked haddock or cod), traditionally served with boiled eggs and chopped parsley.

someoneelse

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 8:26 am
I made the yummiest supper last night.

Salmon with a brown rice salad. The recipe is from Tag's cookbood- cook rice as directed on package. Add diced purple onion, scallions, red pepper and olive slices (I left out the olives). Then add dressing- mustard, red wine vinegar,sugar, salt, pepper, olive oil. Fluff and serve.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals