Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Roaches or waterbug infestation?

amother

Post Tue, Jul 08 2014, 11:02 pm
I usually see 1 lone roach or as my landlord refers to them "waterbugs" about once a week. There was 1 rare case where I saw 4 at one time but I've never seen that many again. I never see them in the kitchen but only in our master bedroom which has a bathroom and a washer/dryer. Does this mean we have an infestation or it's really just an isolated incidence?

citimom

Post Tue, Jul 08 2014, 11:13 pm
As long as you're in NYC you'll have a roach here and there, a waterbug or two especially in the summer, in this hot weather. If its more than that or daily then id complain.

shira143

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 12:27 am
Depends. I've read that if you see them in the daytime then it is indicative of a bigger problem. And apparently in NY it's common to see one.
But, though you only saw four together one rare occasion, they do breed a lot. if I were you I'd head it off with some boric acid. Prevention is much easier than treating an infestation.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry