Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
If you had the time...

amother

Post Tue, Jul 08 2014, 8:39 pm
What would you do with your time if you had a free day with nothing planned?

What about a week?

A month?

Longer?

Emotional

Post Tue, Jul 08 2014, 11:07 pm
amother wrote:
What would you do with your time if you had a free day with nothing planned?

Catch up on sleep. Desperately needed.

Jewishmofm

Post Tue, Jul 08 2014, 11:11 pm
I'm assuming you mean that you have no responsibilities on your plate for that time (like, I don't have a plan but I do have kids who need me).
I would luxuriate in a full blown bubble bath (scented shaving cream and candles, etc)
I would walk and walk and walk in a beautiful area near me (depending on the mood, might be the beach, the canyons, or an antiquing area.
I would visit some friends whom I rarely see, though we leave near each other
I would NOT open a book (my usual escape, which never leaves me refreshed, just distracted
I would find a long term care facility (old age home, rehab center, whatever) to visit
I would go hold some babies in the NICU/PICU

amother

Post Tue, Jul 08 2014, 11:23 pm
Id write a book abt my life.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 2:25 am
I would do yoga, ballet, tai chi, watch movies, travel..

amother

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 5:12 am
I've been semi=retired for awhile so I have time, and yet, I'm bored. Books movies beaches travel...nothing excites me or makes me want to get out of bed. What is wrong with me?

Try to enjoy your busy lives.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 8:10 am
amother wrote:
I've been semi=retired for awhile so I have time, and yet, I'm bored. Books movies beaches travel...nothing excites me or makes me want to get out of bed. What is wrong with me?

I'm in a similar boat as you except I have young children, but they're in school all day and I don't have a job and have enough cleaning help. I feel like my life is to make dinner and shop for food. There are so many days to feel relaxed. I have things I can do, but never feel up to it. It's depressing. My highlight is when I get to visit my friend.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 11:38 am
amother wrote:

I emphasize with you. It sounds as if I wrote this post. I retired young, as my profession allowed me to. I was always such an active person. I am so sad, as every day I get dressed up with no place to go. Nothing excites me. The ONLY good thing about retirement is that I get to go to sleep at crazy hours and get to sleep until 9:00 in the morning. I am the type of person that needs structure.
So this is how I'm spending my retirement, spending time on Imamother and playing with my cell phone.

gp2.0

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 12:50 pm
IME, busy people have time to do a million things and people with "free time" get less done.

Also, time isn't everything. If I had time AND money...now you're talking.

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 12:55 pm
My free days are so overbooked they are not free LOL

If someone told me tomorrow I can't come to work I would:

get up at the same time as if I had work.
Do some washing, folding and ironing and start again.
Bake cookies and cakes for my freezer
Start cooking suppers to re stock my freezer.
Go shopping for all the things I have been pushing off.

By this point ds is home from camp so I would probably go with him to the park or take him for ice cream to celebrate having some time to spend with him. Rush home and make supper.
Clean up and go to bed.

Longer than that? I would organize my closets and throw out old stuff. Organize my kid's room and make space for the piles of clothes waiting to be put away.
Then maybe treat myself to a mani-pedi and a long overdue waxing.

And Another day? Definitely to the city to buy myself a couple new things with some of my hard earned money...which....whoops I don't have because I had too many days off Wink LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics